How do I tell if a horse is purebred?

Have a technical question you can't find the answer to in FAQ's? Ask it here. Game problem questions that do NOT pertain to things like training advice, what would my horse do well in, how much is it worth.

How do I tell if a horse is purebred?

Postby dep1891 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:18 pm

I know you can click through all of the names, but is there a faster way? It seems like some people are able to tell me within five minutes?!
dep1891

Re: How do I tell if a horse is purebred?

Postby Rain » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:27 pm

Nope. Clicking through the names is the only way.
ImageImage
Rain

Postby Zimmy » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:01 am

Yup... some people can tell quickly because they are already aware of really known lines in certain breeds (pure or impure) and know that they can stop looking when they hit certain horses... but in reality that just means they have gone through lines by clicking on each horse SO many times that they have begun to memorise.

There are some other things that I look for in certain breeds... for instance a non inbred, short lined, pure TB is not likely to be somewhat tempered and it's not gonna be spirited... it will be very or somewhat docile instead (Most early gen non inbred pure horses will... but only non inbred and short lined). Some breeds however are naturally very docile... and will be so even when crossed... so it is hardly a sure fire way to tel, you STILL have to click on all of the horses.
Zimmy

Postby dep1891 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:44 pm

oh yuck that sucks :( I wish they could come out with a way to just have it on the horse but i know that would take up wayy too much time and effort
dep1891

Postby Zimmy » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:50 pm

dep1891 wrote:oh yuck that sucks :( I wish they could come out with a way to just have it on the horse but i know that would take up wayy too much time and effort

That would take away part of the challenge of breeding pure only lines... for me it would be very unsatisfying to have everyone be able to check so easily, devaluing the work that I have done to insure that my horses listed as pure are indeed pure. =)
Zimmy

Postby Ricecrispies4eva » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:29 am

Zimmy wrote:
dep1891 wrote:oh yuck that sucks :( I wish they could come out with a way to just have it on the horse but i know that would take up wayy too much time and effort

That would take away part of the challenge of breeding pure only lines... for me it would be very unsatisfying to have everyone be able to check so easily, devaluing the work that I have done to insure that my horses listed as pure are indeed pure. =)

I disagree Zim, sorry :(

While I can understand where your coming from, as I too put a lot of work into my pure lines, I don't see how it 'devalues' your work. At the end of the day the horse will still be pure. However, I agree that it does take away the challenge and essentially part of the 'fun' in going through generations upon generations of the horse to find out if it's pure :lol:

I'd find it incredibly useful if it listed on the horse whether it was pure or not, or even a button like 'check purity' and it costed you some playcash or RL $$ to check. It will probably never happen, so what does it matter though, eh.
Ricecrispies4eva

Postby Rain » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:59 am

The problem with having a button that "checks for purity" is that it would be incredibly complicated to code because technically, no horses except thoroughbreds can be pure the way they're coded. If you look at the parents of foundation horses, it says they're unknown thoroughbreds. So even if a horse is pure, I'm sure a code wouldn't count them as such because they all have TBs in their lines.
ImageImage
Rain

Postby Ricecrispies4eva » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:04 am

Rain wrote:The problem with having a button that "checks for purity" is that it would be incredibly complicated to code because technically, no horses except thoroughbreds can be pure the way they're coded. If you look at the parents of foundation horses, it says they're unknown thoroughbreds. So even if a horse is pure, I'm sure a code wouldn't count them as such because they all have TBs in their lines.

Yeah, exactly that. Which is why I don't think it will happen.
Ricecrispies4eva

Postby Zimmy » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:08 pm

Ricecrispies4eva wrote:
Zimmy wrote:

I disagree Zim, sorry :(

While I can understand where your coming from, as I too put a lot of work into my pure lines, I don't see how it 'devalues' your work. At the end of the day the horse will still be pure.

If I spent the hours putting effort into insuring pure lines, why would I want everyone else to be able to get a free pass to do the same thing I worked hard to do? To me it would be similar to the game event training horses FOR new players instead of them having to learn to do it like the rest of us. :lol: I think some pure breeds would become next to worthless if it was just that simple... as well as taking away from the challenge of finding that really great horse on the market in a breed that it hard to find pure... I have spent many hours going through every horse in a breed listed for sale to find the ONLY pures to roll and breed...

Devalue=To lessen or cancel the value of. (and that means both monetarily and in the time/effort that I have put in).
Zimmy

Postby Hawk » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:33 pm

Certainly won't happen, not only do all breeds lead back to TB's, we also have horses with missing horses in their bloodlines from the purge way way way back in the great reset era. Also, with how long some of these horses bloodlines are, can you begin to imagine the resources it would take on the server to have to keep an indexed searchable list of of every single horses bloodlines? We're talking millions of horses, millions of pieces of data it would have to search through every time someone wanted to check if a horse is pure. The lag alone would make it quicker to just hit the view bloodline button over and over. lol
Hawk
Featherless Op with Pink Hoody & Bunny slippers.

Postby dep1891 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:37 pm

I can see where you're all coming from, at this point, I've just learned to accept that I'll always have to click through and figured that you can usually tell just by clicking straight through the mothers and straight through the fathers. (I only do this to figure out quicker if they are impure, if I don't see anything, then I check the long way)
dep1891

Postby Chione » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:04 am

Even if it could happen, I think there are more important things for Nef to worry about =P
Chione

Return to Questions/Support