Endurance Racing

Have a technical question you can't find the answer to in FAQ's? Ask it here. Game problem questions that do NOT pertain to things like training advice, what would my horse do well in, how much is it worth.

Endurance Racing

Postby xrunner » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:33 am

So I have a 6.5 year old akhal-teke that I have been training for endurance racing. I've only entered her in in three events to see how she does but she keeps being pulled by the vet at checkpoint. What factors contribute to the horse being pulled at the checkpoint? When I train her it says that she can go 120 miles before she would be pulled by the vet, and her pulse was -0 to 12. If you know Anything about this your comments would be appreciated. :) Thank You. Her name is Nothing but a Messenger of Hope.
xrunner

Re: Endurance Racing

Postby Kholran » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:55 am

She's not stat maxed (meaning all decimal numbers over 200), and certainly not event trained. That's the main problem. Take a look at the horse that won the events you put her in: http://www.virtualhorseranch.com/viewho ... se=1738233

That is an event-trained horse. Strength, Speed, and Endurance are the needed stats for competing. as is Surefoot, and you can see that they're all WELL over 200 (the decimal, not the percentage).

To compare side by side.

Winning Horse......Yours
Strength: 203.96......94.1
Speed: 205.45......106.86
Endurance: 216.64......178.09
Surefoot: 225.562.....142.086

As a novice trainer, you will probably not be successful at event training anything other than Gymkhana (which only requires a horse to be level 25). If Endurance is the event you really want to do, look around for a sponsor trainer that offers Endurance Event Training.
Kholran
Time Lord

Postby poniesnkids » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:24 am

I realize this was posted quite awhile ago but I'm having the same problem of my horse being pulled by vet at check point....at least in trials so far. My mare is fully stat maxed and trained in endurance yet I can't seem to get past the pulled by vet.

What am I doing wrong?
http://www.virtualhorseranch.com/viewho ... se=2387733

Thanks so much
Julie
Julie ~ GMM
poniesnkids

Postby quasarsmom » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:31 am

poniesnkids wrote:I realize this was posted quite awhile ago but I'm having the same problem of my horse being pulled by vet at check point....at least in trials so far. My mare is fully stat maxed and trained in endurance yet I can't seem to get past the pulled by vet.

What am I doing wrong?
http://www.virtualhorseranch.com/viewho ... se=2387733

Thanks so much
Julie

Surefoot needs to be maxed
You need to be shod in padded shoes

Also, try not to touch intelligence beyond getting discipline to 200 instead train in endurance to raise endy even higher. :D

The trials only really give a guide on how a horse should be trained for an event, not a view on how well a horse will do beyond breed type/ages for an event.
PURE Sales List PURE Champion Stud/Brood Ranch Stud/Brood Ranch PB/Goodie List
Specializing in the pure, non inbred eventers of VHR!
Optimus Prime for President!
If you seek to master others, you must first master yourself. -Mercedes Lackey
quasarsmom

Postby poniesnkids » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:49 pm

OK I changed the shoes; thanks! What is maxed for sure foot? I thought 204 was??

Thanks again!
Julie ~ GMM
poniesnkids

Postby DragonWings » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:02 pm

With shoes sure foot caps at just a bit over 225 now. Also between turns make sure that you're training in thing that will raise the important stats for the event :)
DragonWings
Dragon Op

Postby Zimmy » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:34 pm

They will get pulled, if I remember correctly, if disciplines are not at 200 as well, and that is something that we can't see/check for you... so make sure that is done.
Zimmy

Return to Questions/Support