Reunion Breed Contest: Discussion. Winner update last post.

Contest Entry Discussions and Info

Reunion Breed Contest: Discussion. Winner update last post.

Postby Hawk » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:13 pm

This thread is for discussions only. No submissions! Any submission posts will be removed.

Final Voting now Open!
Just as last time, players may vote for 2 breeds in each type.
Be sure to make both selections at the same time, for once you hit submit, you may not enter any more votes!
http://www.virtualhorseranch.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=121&t=166219

Rules:
Players may submit a maximum of 2 breed ideas. (See list details below.)
Breeds must be real or creative and unique.
Breed names with Descendant of whatever or Mount of whatever will not be accepted.
Breeds with words slapped onto another breed will not be accepted.
Breed description must also be original, not just copy pasted off things like Wiki and Breed information websites. This is called Plagiarism! Please put descriptions in your own words.
NO suggesting breeds to base stats off of. Stats will be determined by Nef and ops, based on breed descriptions.
No copying other breeds already in game. Anything found to be a copy will be removed from the contest.
No soliciting votes. This will result in disqualification.
Entries MUST be submitted here: Submissions

Examples of NOT acceptable breed ideas:
Fluttering Fallabella, Questionable Quarter Horse, Cookie Clydesdale, Zippy Zebra. Descendant of Nefertete, Descendant of Silver, Descendant of Trigger, Mount of Nefertete and so forth.

List Details:
The breed types are split into 2 lists this year.
Players are allowed to either submit one breed type from each list. Or two breed types from list B.
So if you submit a warmblood breed, then you wouldn't be allowed to submit Sport, Stock or Draft as their other entry. You would instead need to pick a type from the other list. This will help to spread out and make sure the less popular types get a bit more attention this time instead of an influx of the 4 popular breed types.

List A: aka Populars
Draft
Warmblood
Sport
Stock

List B: aka not so Populars
Feral
Gaited
Pony
Show

Submission info:
Entries are to be submitted here: Submissions
Entry deadline is May 11th. Voting will be held the 12th to the 15th.

Submission Form:
Code: Select all
[b]Breed Name:[/b]
[b]Breed Type:[/b]
[b]Breed Description:[/b]
[b]Breed Origin:[/b]

Voting System:
To avoid having duplicate breed types winning, each breed type will be voted on individually. Then the winning breed from that type will go into a final vote off with the other 7 "winning" breeds from their types, making 8 winners in total. The end of the vote off will determine the placings of those final 8 winners.

Prizes:
1st: 1 year upgrade, 2 pair of their breed
2nd: 6 month upgrade, 2 pair of their breed
3rd: 3 month upgrade, 2 pair of their breed
4th: 1 month upgrade, 2 pair of their breed
5th through 8th: 2 pair of their breed
All other entrants: 1 million Playcash

The 8 winning breeds will be available for purchase via the goodies page and sponsor playcash page.

Please note: The contests started early, were done so players had time to be creative and put thought into their submissions. Be 100% certain that what you've done is what you want to submit, because once you hit submit, you can NOT change your entry.

Also Note: Entries that do not win, will be handled like Wintum was. The ideas for non real breeds are the property of the player submitting them and may not be created by another player without that players consent, which proof of consent will be required. Within reasonable time frame that is. Ideas not created by the entrant by April of 2014, will become void and return to being open to public use.

Also Note: Each contest has an entry limit. This limit is per person. Any player found to be using multiple accounts to attempt to enter contests will be fully disqualified from all contests.
Players that are also found to be using friends that do not play, in an attempt to gain more entries by having them create accounts and make submissions, will also find themselves disqualified from the contest. If it is discovered after the contest is over, prizes received by those players in violation, will have them revoked.

Entrants list:
Rhyme: feral, draft
**Debbie**: pony, sport
Honey7: show, draft
SeventhSanctum: feral, show
Byatzine: pony, warmblood
Rydie_03: stock, pony
footyguru: pony, draft
Zimmy: pony, warmblood
Crimmy: show, feral
Lou: pony, pony
rebs9213: sport, pony
DeeDe25: pony, feral
Nixon: gaited, show
Dukes: feral, gaited
Kryptikmiss: pony, warmblood
moodythemare: stock, pony
Asgard: pony, draft
Pinkona: sport, show
Weaving: pony, pony
tunkee21: feral, stock
Cookie: show, feral
Khol : gaited, show
Poison: draft, show
witchgal94: warmblood, pony
Bre: stock, feral
Sayla: feral, pony
greenfox: draft, pony
Dragon: gaited, draft
Rhonda: feral, stock
NAWcutie: sport, pony
Flaming Pheonix: warmblood, feral
indie: pony, stock
Quasar: Feral, pony
defiantlizard: pony, stock
Szandy: Draft, pony
Ava: Show, Feral
skruffydoo: Feral, Stock
Bindi: Stock, Pony

Single entries:
professor j: pony
magicmarleyjones: draft
jillianrae: warmblood
bjack36: warmblood
Nalla: warmblood
mmcameron15: warmblood
LiveLifeLow: warmblood
Freedom_Seeker: feral
Shaymaci1994: stock
bstilson14: stock
angel on earth: warmblood
Hawk
Featherless Op with Pink Hoody & Bunny slippers.

Re: Reunion Breed Contest: Discussion.

Postby Alabama » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:10 pm

honey7 wrote:Breed Name: Hulk Horse
Breed Type: Draft
Breed Description: After being involved in a radioactive explosion, the founding stallion of this breed developed a genetic mutation which caused it to become massively stocky. This mutation has been passed down generations, causing these horses to increase in size, while maintaining their intelligence and strength.
Breed Origin: Nuclear Plant

I just wonder if they get mad, do they bust out of their tack and turn green? Then, when they calm back down, their tack half repairs itself and they go back to normal?
Alabama

Postby Hawk » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:20 pm

Alabama wrote:
honey7 wrote:Breed Name: Hulk Horse
Breed Type: Draft
Breed Description: After being involved in a radioactive explosion, the founding stallion of this breed developed a genetic mutation which caused it to become massively stocky. This mutation has been passed down generations, causing these horses to increase in size, while maintaining their intelligence and strength.
Breed Origin: Nuclear Plant

I just wonder if they get mad, do they bust out of their tack and turn green? Then, when they calm back down, their tack half repairs itself and they go back to normal?

Lol, I was wondering that myself Bama.
Hawk

Postby Rydie_03 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:19 am

You know I was never interested in private breeds until I entered this contest now all I can think about is all the pretties I want to create. Dang you VHR and your tempting ways. Maybe that is how I can start my poem off ;) :lol:
Ryder
Rydie_03

Postby quasarsmom » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:07 am

Does it have to be a horse or can it be another type of animal?
PURE Sales List PURE Champion Stud/Brood Ranch Stud/Brood Ranch PB/Goodie List
Specializing in the pure, non inbred eventers of VHR!
Optimus Prime for President!
If you seek to master others, you must first master yourself. -Mercedes Lackey
quasarsmom

Postby Unilover5 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:41 am

Can i enter more then one of the same breed type? I have a feral, and i have another idea for a feral, though if it's not ok, i can change my idea :D
Unilover5

Postby livelifelow » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:04 am

Breed Name:Brumby
Breed Type: Feral
Breed Description: Developed by domestic horses that either escaped or abandoned around 1851. Descended by mostly Walers, Stock Horses, Anglo-Arabs,Percherons and Pony breeds which interbred. They vary greatly in appearance and generally have a heavy head with a short neck and back, strait or sloping shoulders, and strong legs. The Brumby has little value as a riding horse as they are difficult to catch and tame. They have adapted well to the climate in Australia, and have become smaller, faster, more cunning then the domestic horse, as well as more enduring and extremely tough.
Breed Origin: Australia

There's already a breed called Australian Brumby...
livelifelow

Postby Unilover5 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:30 am

livelifelow wrote:
Breed Name:Brumby
Breed Description: Developed by domestic horses that either escaped or abandoned around 1851. Descended by mostly Walers, Stock Horses, Anglo-Arabs,Percherons and Pony breeds which interbred. They vary greatly in appearance and generally have a heavy head with a short neck and back, strait or sloping shoulders, and strong legs. The Brumby has little value as a riding horse as they are difficult to catch and tame. They have adapted well to the climate in Australia, and have become smaller, faster, more cunning then the domestic horse, as well as more enduring and extremely tough.
Breed Origin: Australia

There's already a breed called Australian Brumby...

yeah, i noticed tha, i withdrew it XD tried to edit but couldnt
Unilover5

Postby _Nixon_ » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:38 pm

_Nixon_ wrote:Breed Name: Zante
Breed Type: Show
Breed Description: The Zante is a handsome, well built, horse originating from the Island of Zante(Zakynthos) of the Coast of Greece. The Zante is derived from the famous Grecian war pony, the Thessalian, and the noble beauty, the Anglo Arabian. The breeds average height ranges from 15-16hh. The most common color is a deep rich black. They possess the surefooted elegance and handsome carriage of the Anglo Arab and the classic neck structure, build, and strength of the Thessalian.
Breed Origin: Zakynthos, Greece

Due to the rarity of the breed...
Here is a sketch of the Zante's build and features :D
_Nixon_

Postby Zimmy » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:51 pm

A few people seemed mixed up about which two breed types they are allowed to enter.

To clarify, we may enter ONE type from the first list and ONE from the other, correct?

(so not two of one type or even two from the same list)?

Pretty sure I had that right, but double checking after seeing other entries.
Zimmy

Postby Zimmy » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:52 pm

Zimmy wrote:A few people seemed mixed up about which two breed types they are allowed to enter.

To clarify, we may enter ONE type from the first list and ONE from the other, correct?

Oh, nope, caught that it can be two from group b... answered my own question. Haha! :lol:
Zimmy

Postby _Nixon_ » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:57 pm

Zimmy wrote:
Zimmy wrote:A few people seemed mixed up about which two breed types they are allowed to enter.

Oh, nope, caught that it can be two from group b... answered my own question. Haha! :lol:

I was like oh shoot I read something wrong again :lol:
_Nixon_

Postby Zimmy » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:00 pm

_Nixon_ wrote:
Zimmy wrote:

I was like oh shoot I read something wrong again :lol:

Sorry NIx, lol, totally my bad, but since we can't edit I tried to correct myself as best I could! :oops:
Zimmy

Postby Hawk » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:33 pm

Yes, they can be non equine but must be one of the breed types listed.

Yes, you can submit two of the same breed type so long as the type is from list B.
Hawk

Postby Dukes » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:13 pm

DukeRanch_Megan wrote:Breed Name: Poitou Donkey
Breed Description: A rare breed, the Poitou is instantly recognized by donkey lovers due to having such distinguishing characteristics. They have a long shaggy coat known as a cadanette. This coat tends to hang in long cords when left ungroomed as the long, soft hairs get easily tangled. When crossed with other donkey breeds they will always pass on this coat that only comes in dark browns or black. The Poitou is also of massive height. These "little guys" easily tower over other donkey breeds at 16hh with almost oversized everything; bone structure, legs, ears, & head. This breed dates back to the Roman times when they were primarily used to cross with draft mares in order to produce large mules that could be used for production purposes (farming etc).
Breed Origin: French Poitou Region

Ignore me >.> I totally hadn't seen Rydie had done the same thing
Dukes
Site Admin

Next

Return to Discussions