Changing rider issues...

Please report any bugs you've noticed here.

Changing rider issues...

Postby Zimmy » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:07 am

I trained a horse on one of my ranches (started entering in events while training). When I moved the horse to my eventing ranch it showed no rider.... so I tried to use "change rider" but it just wont do it....

Any hints? I am afraid she is going to bomb in her first 20 events now because of this.
Zimmy

Re: Changing rider issues...

Postby Alias » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:19 pm

Riders don't move from ranch to ranch like tack does, the rider stayed on the other ranch. You need to put a rider from the new ranch on the horse ;)

You can move riders by putting them on the market and then buying them at the other ranch when you switch though, that might help you. :)
Image Image
My two ladies of writing inspiration for NaNoWriMo this year. Cannot wait to spend the month writing with them!
Alias

Location: Protecting VHR's prestigious bloodlines by forming The Bloodline Police!

Postby miss sarabi » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:30 pm

Unfortunately the rider will only come back if you send her back to the ranch you entered events from (I learned the hard way with a racer). viewtopic.php?f=47&t=125541&p=1370222#p1370222

*edit*
It's not like how it was before where you could move the horse to another ranch and still have the option of adding/changing the rider. Now when you move the horse to another ranch you only have the option of either letting those previously entered events run riderless or withdrawing and re-entering from the new ranch.
miss sarabi

Postby Zimmy » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:48 am

miss sarabi wrote:Unfortunately the rider will only come back if you send her back to the ranch you entered events from (I learned the hard way with a racer). viewtopic.php?f=47&t=125541&p=1370222#p1370222

*edit*
It's not like how it was before where you could move the horse to another ranch and still have the option of adding/changing the rider. Now when you move the horse to another ranch you only have the option of either letting those previously entered events run riderless or withdrawing and re-entering from the new ranch.

Yikes, that stinks... thanks very much for the info though, at least now I know... Kind of messes me up for events that you need to enter as you train in though. *sighs*
Zimmy

Postby T C » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:10 am

Ya.. tht happened to me with my CWB, Sasa. I changed ranches and lost out on a whole years worth of events placing dead last every stinkin time.. live and learn i guess
T C

Location: Making Spades a heart blanket, stuffing food in Lizard's box and Hiding in Twits truck.

Return to Report Bugs