Horse Name Change Question

Have a technical question you can't find the answer to in FAQ's? Ask it here. Game problem questions that do NOT pertain to things like training advice, what would my horse do well in, how much is it worth.

Horse Name Change Question

Postby FishPanda » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:31 am

Hi! I'm new here, and there's one thing I haven't been able to figure out, despite looking through the help files, the FAQ, the wiki and various topics (the search option doesn't seem to be working at the moment).
I've bought a horse from the market place, and I can't seem to find out how to change it's name! It's rather frustrating, and I'd appreciate it if someone here could drop me a line and explain how to do it.

Thanks in advance and have a lovely day!
FishPanda

Re: Horse Name Change Question

Postby Chrysanthys » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:18 pm

You can't rename a horse unless it's name is inappropriate or unless it's name is a url.
Chrysanthys

Postby FishPanda » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:43 pm

Really? That's disappointing... oh well, thanks anyway.
FishPanda

Postby Zimmy » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:55 pm

It's actually quite nice once you get used to it... if you decide that you want to sell a horse that you worked on for a long time (either breeding wise, or training and eventing), you can have your 'brand' in it's name and sell it and know that because it's name stays the credit for your effort will always be there. :D

Outside of that, it is usually pretty easy to find unnamed horses to buy instead (I know unless mine are already trained I almost always sell unnamed foals).
Zimmy

Return to Questions/Support