Overdue events

Have a technical question you can't find the answer to in FAQ's? Ask it here. Game problem questions that do NOT pertain to things like training advice, what would my horse do well in, how much is it worth.

Overdue events

Postby indie » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:49 pm

Hey! I have some events that are at -11 days and haven't been run, they have 5 entries - I am wondering if it just because the OPs are busy, or if I should train up another horse to enter (like maybe they were waiting on 6 entries?)

Thanks!
indie

Re: Overdue events

Postby 03bridjl » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:31 pm

I have a feeling events need like ten entrants to be run...
I could be totally wrong though!
03bridjl

Postby indie » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:47 pm

Now the events seem to have disappeared - they haven't run and they have been removed from my horses' entry lists. This is frustrating - if it needed more entries I think I only had 3 in there and I could have trained another one!

03bridjl , if you are going to run the events yourself it needs 10 entries. A lot of times the events don't hit 10 and then the OPs will run the events for you.
indie

Postby Jellybeanjoe » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:06 pm

If there was only 3 horses in the event, then yes, it was deleted due to lack of entries.

Event running guide: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=136315
Jingle bells, Dragon smells! Christmas in July is here!
Jellybeanjoe
Wibbly Wobbly Op

Postby Zimmy » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:16 pm

Jellybeanjoe wrote:If there was only 3 horses in the event, then yes, it was deleted due to lack of entries.

Event running guide: http://virtualhorseranch.com/phpbb3/vie ... 5&t=136315

I could have sworn that my pleasure events that just got deleted had four horses in them... pretty sure Indies had four or five per event as well... the only thing I didn't have a chance to check on mine was how many different people entered the other horses (but for my OWN horses there was only one in there that was mine)... so I am a little frustrated right now too...
Zimmy

Postby Jellybeanjoe » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:27 pm

The guide states that there needs to be 6 horses from two different players minimum
Jellybeanjoe
Wibbly Wobbly Op

Postby Zimmy » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:36 pm

Jellybeanjoe wrote:The guide states that there needs to be 6 horses from two different players minimum

hmm, OK, but why were they being run before with four horses? I am with Indie thinking if we had known that it was going to be six instead of four this time around we would have at least tried to get them in... I guess I have no way to prove it as they are deleted, but events have definitely been running with four horses in them before...

I guess I should shut up since I can't prove it...
Zimmy

Postby Jellybeanjoe » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:46 pm

I don't know what event it was. I don't know who ran it, so can't comment there :P

I know that most of us ops are busy/sick/having troubles in RL, so it's very possible some of the problems here were just accidents . . .
Jellybeanjoe
Wibbly Wobbly Op

Postby Zimmy » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:52 pm

Jellybeanjoe wrote:I don't know what event it was. I don't know who ran it, so can't comment there :P

I know that most of us ops are busy/sick/having troubles in RL, so it's very possible some of the problems here were just accidents . . .

no, you are right about mine, it was only four I think... I understand that part, was only confused about the events running before. I try to set up things that will fill more than that anyway, but I seem to keep missing the trends with the older event stuff, lol.
Zimmy

Postby indie » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:43 pm

Mine was 5 entries from 3 owners but I would have added another had I realized it needed to be 6. I have definitely had events run with just 4 before. But thank you & I will know next time.
indie

Postby Zimmy » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:59 pm

indie wrote:Mine was 5 entries from 3 owners but I would have added another had I realized it needed to be 6. I have definitely had events run with just 4 before. But thank you & I will know next time.

yeah, that was where my confusion came from as well... like you said, we know now, but it was puzzling for me as well because of events run in the past, lol
Zimmy

Postby RhymeWillRememberPassword » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:35 am

*edit*
oops my bad, I posted without checking dates :(
RhymeWillRememberPassword

Postby Hawk » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:57 pm

Since it got bumped back up, posting an update here also.

To help with the deletion of events, or to reduce it, we're now running them with 5 entries from 2 players.
Hawk
Featherless Op with Pink Hoody & Bunny slippers.

Return to Questions/Support