Horse vanishing from events

The place to come for registering and the latest info about the VHR Olympics

Horse vanishing from events

Postby Black_Widow » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:07 am

I entered my marathon horse in his group c events but its showing he only ran in 12 of them, i know for a fact i entered him in all 20(i mean why would i enter 12 out of the 20 events its just silly) because of this he has now dropped down to 4th place(used to be third). I know he will take third back in the next set because there is only 98 difference but i still would like to know what going on?

Could an OP look into this, i am 100% sure that i put him in all 20 events(i make sure right after i entered him and when i check to see if the events are run)
Is this a glitch or somthing?

Thanks in advance :D
Black_Widow

Re: Horse vanishing from events

Postby Alabama » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:10 pm

There have been several times that people have missed events in a set. I doubt it's on purpose, as you say, why would anyone only enter some. I know on one ocassion, when I noticed before events were at -6, the player had simply missed them. A second, I messaged them, but never heard anything back.

If it's a glitch or not, I don't know and I'm not even sure how we would check. The only way a horse is supposed to disappear from events is if someone takes them out. As far as I know, there's not been a single horse that's been removed from any event by Ops.

Did you double check the events once you were finished entering them? I know I've been guilty of entering filler horses, then forgetting to select the rider and moving on to the next window, so the horse wasn't entered when I went back around to run the event.
Alabama

Postby elise:) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:30 am

I took a look at the events and they all have 8 horses in them. So that means at the time of the events running, the Op who ran them, put in an extra filler in the events where your horse was missing. If your horse had been entered at the time of the events being run, but then somehow got withdrawn due to a glitch while running the events, I'd think the events your horse isn't in would only have 7 entries.
:?
I have definitely done what Bama described -- forgetting to enter a rider, so the horse doesn't actually get entered.
Stinks, but at least your horse is such a beast, that it won't hurt her too bad :)
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ Three Sixty Farm (.360.) --- home of the Alaskan Draft Pony,
Alpine Sport Pony, Colorado Cow Pony and the Frozen Draft Horse
Event Stimulus Program :: Three Sixty Olympians :: .360. Training
elise:)

Postby Twit » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:56 pm

Since we have one drafty thread, I'll hope Bama pops in and sees this xD

Did anyone notice that after the first heat for Vaulting, the groups have uneven events? Group A has 20, and B has 16. I was being nosy and I noticed xD Thought I had missed events, but everyone else in B only has 16 as well. I'm just assuming there was a mix-up somewhere (which is totally understandable considering how many events total are up right now anyway, not to mention organizing new groups) and a few extra got posted for A on accident.

Just wanted to point it out in case they can be evened out again during one of the future heats :D
^.^ Click Me to go to Lou's Foundy Ranch of Doom!
Twit

Postby elise:) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:17 pm

Twit wrote:Since we have one drafty thread, I'll hope Bama pops in and sees this xD

Did anyone notice that after the first heat for Vaulting, the groups have uneven events? Group A has 20, and B has 16. I was being nosy and I noticed xD Thought I had missed events, but everyone else in B only has 16 as well. I'm just assuming there was a mix-up somewhere (which is totally understandable considering how many events total are up right now anyway, not to mention organizing new groups) and a few extra got posted for A on accident.

Just wanted to point it out in case they can be evened out again during one of the future heats :D

yeah, I asked bama about that. She said it was just an error and this time around, group B will get 20 events, so that both groups are even going forward.

Postby Alabama » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:50 pm

Twit wrote:Since we have one drafty thread, I'll hope Bama pops in and sees this xD

In the first heat, group A had 20 and B had 16, so the next heat was supposed to be the other way around with A having 16 and B having 20. Sert and I have both been running draft events because her computer is messed up, but then I had computer problems also and somewhere, someone was trying to help out and didn't know what was going on when second heat of Group B was set up. Sorry about that. There's a total of 6 heats, so I promise we'll get it evened out before the end of the round.
Alabama

Postby Twit » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:28 pm

xD I figured. Just wanted to call it out in case I forgot about it or by some random chance it just never quite got noticed. Thanks Bama. You're awesome :D
^.^ Click Me to go to Lou's Foundy Ranch of Doom!
Twit

Postby Alabama » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:35 am

Alabama wrote:

In the first heat, group A had 20 and B had 16, so the next heat was supposed to be the other way around with A having 16 and B having 20. Sert and I have both been running draft events because her computer is messed up, but then I had computer problems also and somewhere, someone was trying to help out and didn't know what was going on when second heat of Group B was set up. Sorry about that. There's a total of 6 heats, so I promise we'll get it evened out before the end of the round.

Has this been fixed yet? Sorry if it has, just going through all the Olympics stuff and double checking and no one is around to ask.
Alabama

Postby elise:) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:56 pm

yes, the number of events was fixed, but there must've been a problem with the number of fillers in the events at some point, because both my entries have the same w/p/s record but have different competition scores....

Return to VHR Olympics