dressage - Final Results on pg 4!

The place to come for registering and the latest info about the VHR Olympics

Re: personal notes on dressage standings

Postby Bodom247 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:52 pm

Twisted wrote:
rebs9 wrote:
Bodom247 wrote:I know it looks like my horses are doing awesome but they're really not, I aged them way too much. Lol. Only a matter of time before they fall waaaaay behind.

Same with mine :( The ones that were doing really well were aged higher, but as soon as they past optimum age and younger horses reach it, they will fall. I really look forward to seeing who does what though :)

yes but the thing with that is is that other people are having to age their horses to keep up & have a shot at making the next round...so almost all the horses are way older than their owners wanted them, so it'll be a bunch of over aged Dressage horses in the final rounds xD but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I believe I know who's going to get the Gold :)

LOL I hope so because that means I have a chance. :lol: Although I am still worried about them falling behind..
Bodom247

Postby Twisted » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:06 am

yeah I know I had to age 3 of my 4 (hint hint :) ) just to keep up with the competition to try and make the next round. I have 2 I believe will make it, one on the fence line, and one that most likely will not make it to the next round...if all 4 make it to round 2 it will be a miricle. and there will be no updates until tomorrow as I dont have computer access on sundays :)
SAMCRO WB train off!6/5/16 - everyone see last post! competition might be cancelled!
Lots of cheap semen/stallions at stud new/struggling players pay $5k for most breedings!
Twisted's Brood mares! drastic discounts offered for new/struggling players! PM me for specific details!
baby Kendallynn is here <3 new pics up Jan 2016! albums are password protected - password is 100820
100820 (main) | 449016 (secondary) | 550144 (studs) | 527967 (holding)
Twisted

Postby Bodom247 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:26 am

Twisted wrote:yeah I know I had to age 3 of my 4 (hint hint :) ) just to keep up with the competition to try and make the next round. I have 2 I believe will make it, one on the fence line, and one that most likely will not make it to the next round...if all 4 make it to round 2 it will be a miricle. and there will be no updates until tomorrow as I dont have computer access on sundays :)

What, are you saying that it's my fault? :lol: (Even though I think it is....) xD
Bodom247

Postby Twisted » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:12 pm

well partly, yes...lol so just kidding you silly. no its no one persons fault, its just the way the game is...its not your fault that Dressage is so age sensitive :) however I do wish that, for the sake of true competition, we had "required ages" for each heat of events and that the required ages started around age 9 for dressage (that way everyone would be the same age when the events were run and the horses wouldnt all have capped intell & what not) I think less time (age-wise) to train would cause people to have to think and stratigize a little more than they do now. and required ages would eliminate the issue of "oh your horse is only winning because its .5 year older than mine" ...just a thought :)
SAMCRO WB train off!6/5/16 - everyone see last post! competition might be cancelled!
Lots of cheap semen/stallions at stud new/struggling players pay $5k for most breedings!
Twisted's Brood mares! drastic discounts offered for new/struggling players! PM me for specific details!
baby Kendallynn is here <3 new pics up Jan 2016! albums are password protected - password is 100820
Twisted

Postby AvaHunter » Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:24 pm

Twisted wrote:well partly, yes...lol so just kidding you silly. no its no one persons fault, its just the way the game is...its not your fault that Dressage is so age sensitive :) however I do wish that, for the sake of true competition, we had "required ages" for each heat of events and that the required ages started around age 9 for dressage (that way everyone would be the same age when the events were run and the horses wouldnt all have capped intell & what not) I think less time (age-wise) to train would cause people to have to think and stratigize a little more than they do now. and required ages would eliminate the issue of "oh your horse is only winning because its .5 year older than mine" ...just a thought :)

In some events age doesn't seem to be an issue. For dressage, you are on to something. It really should have been under 10, under 12 and open or something like that, just to keep the field together. As it is, it's more of a who have the oldest well trained horse, and not who has the best horse. (There is a horse winning that doesn't have intel capped, so age matter way more than it should for dressage, IMO anyway). But hey, it's the first time around. If there is a next year, perhaps there will be some changes to reflect what we learn this year :D Either way, it's about having fun.
AvaHunter

Postby Twisted » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:24 pm

everything's been updated to the point of group D & E's second heat has ran, Group F is still waiting for their second heat to run and Group A is getting close to having their third heat ran...but there's a "Top 30" list now up for horses in groups A, B, C, D, & E
Twisted

Postby elise:) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:45 pm

thanks for staying on top of this, Twisted.

Just FYI, for everyone, the top 36 horses will make the 2nd round and then the top 12 from the 2nd round will move onto the final.
Just something to keep in mind as you look over the standings :)
Last edited by elise:) on Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ Three Sixty Farm (.360.) --- home of the Alaskan Draft Pony,
Alpine Sport Pony, Colorado Cow Pony and the Frozen Draft Horse
Event Stimulus Program :: Three Sixty Olympians :: .360. Training
elise:)

Postby 123kerry » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:53 pm

3 of my horses are in the top 30 woooo
G & T bloodstock sales *TT*
123kerry

Postby Twisted » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:40 pm

your welcome guys :) and yeah the top 36 horses will move on...I just choose to keep a list of 30 horses up just to...leave some leway so to speak...and because not everyone is on the same page heat wise it leaves room for adjustments and what not :)
Twisted

Postby elise:) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:02 pm

Twisted wrote:your welcome guys :) and yeah the top 36 horses will move on...I just choose to keep a list of 30 horses up just to...leave some leway so to speak...and because not everyone is on the same page heat wise it leaves room for adjustments and what not :)

oh yeah, i understand that. Just wanted to point that out to anyone who might not realize/feel like going to the events schedule page to look (ie me, because i can't remember w/ all my different events :lol: and twice I was on this thread and wondering about that)
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ Three Sixty Farm (.360.) --- home of the Alaskan Draft Pony,
Alpine Sport Pony, Colorado Cow Pony and the Frozen Draft Horse
Event Stimulus Program :: Three Sixty Olympians :: .360. Training
elise:)

Postby Twisted » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:11 pm

all standings are the same for today as no events have been run as of yet and I'm almost out of time, however Group F should have their second heat events ran today as events for their 3rd heat are already posted & the 2nd heat ones are at -6 days but bama must not have had time to get around to them yet...so bottom line is is there are no updates for today, but I'll get it all updated tomorrow :)
Twisted

Postby Alabama » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:22 pm

Sorry, had a softball game last night and by the time we got home, everyone fed, the child bathed and in bed, I was so worn out I even set up the second heat events up wrong once and had to delete them and set them up again. Figured I was too tired to even consider trying to run them without making a mistake.
Alabama

Postby Twisted » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:30 pm

aw poor bama :( but its so ok - we all understand you cant be on VHR 24 7
Twisted

Postby Bodom247 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:55 am

Twisted wrote:well partly, yes...lol so just kidding you silly. no its no one persons fault, its just the way the game is...its not your fault that Dressage is so age sensitive :) however I do wish that, for the sake of true competition, we had "required ages" for each heat of events and that the required ages started around age 9 for dressage (that way everyone would be the same age when the events were run and the horses wouldnt all have capped intell & what not) I think less time (age-wise) to train would cause people to have to think and stratigize a little more than they do now. and required ages would eliminate the issue of "oh your horse is only winning because its .5 year older than mine" ...just a thought :)

I agree, I was actually thinking that myself...

UGHHHHHHH, Archer is going to end up getting aged even MORE, because the Group A Dressage events were deleted after he was already entered in them... >___<
Bodom247

Postby Alabama » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:38 am

Bodom247 wrote:I agree, I was actually thinking that myself...

UGHHHHHHH, Archer is going to end up getting aged even MORE, because the Group A Dressage events were deleted after he was already entered in them... >___<

No group A Dressage events were deleted. I was setting up Group F and messed them up, no one was entered in the five minutes it took me to realize they were messed up and I deleted them, I checked each event before deleting. Group A is finished with first round, so no new events were set up.
Alabama

PreviousNext

Return to VHR Olympics