Entry fees?

The place to come for registering and the latest info about the VHR Olympics

Entry fees?

Postby Nickster » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:26 pm

I was just wondering if there's supposed to be entry fees for all the events. I noticed in halter, groups A and C had entry fees but group B didn't. Just wondering because I'm kind of confused at the moment.
Nickster

Re: Entry fees?

Postby ShimmerNSparkles » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:00 pm

Ohh, good question. I didn't notice that, but I'm 99.9% sure they aren't supposed to have fees. Huh?
ShimmerNSparkles

Postby elise:) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:12 pm

hmmm. yeah i'm pretty sure they aren't supposed to have fees.
I'm not sure how I feel about this though, because I'm guessing no fees means no prize pool, so Olympic horses won't make any money :\ I was hoping the prize pool on olympic events would be MORE than regular events, because our horses are missing out on so many years of eventing.
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ Three Sixty Farm (.360.) --- home of the Alaskan Draft Pony,
Alpine Sport Pony, Colorado Cow Pony and the Frozen Draft Horse
Event Stimulus Program :: Three Sixty Olympians :: .360. Training
elise:)

Postby Alabama » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:01 pm

There aren't supposed to be any fees. Winners don't get prize money at the real Olympics, just medals.
Alabama

Postby elise:) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:23 pm

True, but they are able to earn money with their horses in events prior to the olympics and some compete in multiple olympics, earning money for many years in between. I understand the reason why allowing horses that have already been evented into the vhr olympics would complicate things. I just want to point out that in many cases, people will be losing money on the horses they enter. In some cases loads of money. Don't get me wrong, it's definitely my fault for not realizing this, before entering PBs and other high quality stock that I paid quite a pretty penny for. Next year, I'll know better than to enter anything I paid a lot for. But there are also many people who paid to have horses trained for the Olympics. I saw numerous trainings by top trainers BIN for $30+ million.
It's not THAT big of a deal to me, I will just try to event my entries as best I can after the Olympics, even though they'll be over optimum age, and perhaps if my entries do well, I will be able to sell my trainings for more money in the future and foals/breedings to the non-PB and non-private lined entries, to recoup some of the loss.
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ Three Sixty Farm (.360.) --- home of the Alaskan Draft Pony,
Alpine Sport Pony, Colorado Cow Pony and the Frozen Draft Horse
Event Stimulus Program :: Three Sixty Olympians :: .360. Training
elise:)

Postby Black_Widow » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:51 am

elise:) wrote:True, but they are able to earn money with their horses in events prior to the olympics and some compete in multiple olympics, earning money for many years in between. I understand the reason why allowing horses that have already been evented into the vhr olympics would complicate things. I just want to point out that in many cases, people will be losing money on the horses they enter. In some cases loads of money. Don't get me wrong, it's definitely my fault for not realizing this, before entering PBs and other high quality stock that I paid quite a pretty penny for. Next year, I'll know better than to enter anything I paid a lot for. But there are also many people who paid to have horses trained for the Olympics. I saw numerous trainings by top trainers BIN for $30+ million.
It's not THAT big of a deal to me, I will just try to event my entries as best I can after the Olympics, even though they'll be over optimum age, and perhaps if my entries do well, I will be able to sell my trainings for more money in the future and foals/breedings to the non-PB and non-private lined entries, to recoup some of the loss.

I never knew this until you posted :shock: i looked at the rules etc.. and i couldnt find it posted.
Will the horses winnings show on the horses but just not be recived so we can still see how the horse has done.
If its always shows as 0 how would we know how much the horse could have won.
Also i dont know if anyone else is thinking of doing this but im planning on eventing my horses after the Olympics, will htye be able to win then or will it always be at 0 :?
Black_Widow

Postby Chassie » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:59 am

Black_Widow wrote:
elise:) wrote:True, but they are able to earn money with their horses in events prior to the olympics and some compete in multiple olympics, earning money for many years in between. I understand the reason why allowing horses that have already been evented into the vhr olympics would complicate things. I just want to point out that in many cases, people will be losing money on the horses they enter. In some cases loads of money. Don't get me wrong, it's definitely my fault for not realizing this, before entering PBs and other high quality stock that I paid quite a pretty penny for. Next year, I'll know better than to enter anything I paid a lot for. But there are also many people who paid to have horses trained for the Olympics. I saw numerous trainings by top trainers BIN for $30+ million.

I never knew this until you posted :shock: i looked at the rules etc.. and i couldnt find it posted.
Will the horses winnings show on the horses but just not be recived so we can still see how the horse has done.
If its always shows as 0 how would we know how much the horse could have won.
Also i dont know if anyone else is thinking of doing this but im planning on eventing my horses after the Olympics, will htye be able to win then or will it always be at 0 :?

I'm hoping that maybe there is some offical way that we can display what round of the olympics all the horses get to as it'd be nice to be able to show off even if your horse doesn't get a medal, especially for those who come 4th/5th etc that way more people will understand that though they have no winnings they were still a valuable competitior?
- Home of the British Warmblood -
Main RanchImage Sales RanchImage Click the Image for Link
Chassie

Postby Twisted » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:14 am

well there were no entry fees on the Dressage events, but I think there should be, I think they should be at lest $11k events, because as someone said people have invested lots of money in these horses and their training (just like RL) but unlike RL the horses dont have a chance to make their owners any money...

idk, I didnt invest a whole bunch of money into special horses & training, so I have nothing to complain about, but I can see where others would
SAMCRO WB train off!6/5/16 - everyone see last post! competition might be cancelled!
Lots of cheap semen/stallions at stud new/struggling players pay $5k for most breedings!
Twisted's Brood mares! drastic discounts offered for new/struggling players! PM me for specific details!
baby Kendallynn is here <3 new pics up Jan 2016! albums are password protected - password is 100820
100820 (main) | 449016 (secondary) | 550144 (studs) | 527967 (holding)
Twisted

Postby 208anna » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:54 am

I don't mind all that much I plan on eventing after the olympics, although I did enter my personal breed and did pay alot for trainings but like in rl olympic horses only earn medals and if I don't thats fine by me.
208anna

Postby babyizzy2 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:58 pm

Bama did spend alot of time on this guys. We should be very thankful to her! And I know all the other ops also and so did Nef. So thanks!
Last edited by babyizzy2 on Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please message me if I won anything! Thanks!
http://www.virtualhorseranch.com/viewra ... nch=249998
ImageImage
babyizzy2

Postby Alabama » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:49 pm

The Olympics were never meant to be about money.

They are meant to be about prestige, about seeing who trains, breeds, events the best. Instead of money, you are getting name plates that you participated, winning owners are getting medals displayed on their ranches on the community page, winning eventers medals to display in their trophy rooms, winning horses memorialized in the Olympics club. All three displayed on the Official Olympics Ranch page. The Olympics offer something no other event can, including the chance that you are the best and that you were/are willing to try and prove it without financial compensation.

If you feel the horses you entered are a waste, I'm sorry you feel that way. I honestly don't think they are, even if they don't make it beyond the first rounds. Hopefully, everyone is giving their all and can be proud that they were part of it. Hopefully, y'all can see beyond the pittance you may have made if you'd evented normally and put it into perspective that it's one or four horses compared to the 20, 30 or more you might have already evented or will event in normal events for that event for money.
Alabama

Postby Kacy » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:49 pm

Although i am not in the Olympics this year, i do think that more than a "medal" is deserved for winners in this game. I'm glad that i didn't participate with a valuable horse or i would have not been a happy camper. Next year i will just have to keep that in mind and just chose a random horse with decent stats, so its not a big deal if it doesn't win monies. =]
Kacy

Postby greenfoxx » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:16 pm

Kacy wrote:Although i am not in the Olympics this year, i do think that more than a "medal" is deserved for winners in this game. I'm glad that i didn't participate with a valuable horse or i would have not been a happy camper. Next year i will just have to keep that in mind and just chose a random horse with decent stats, so its not a big deal if it doesn't win monies. =]

You could always event AFTER the Olympics as well.
greenfoxx

Postby Kacy » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:26 pm

greenfoxx wrote:
Kacy wrote:Although i am not in the Olympics this year, i do think that more than a "medal" is deserved for winners in this game. I'm glad that i didn't participate with a valuable horse or i would have not been a happy camper. Next year i will just have to keep that in mind and just chose a random horse with decent stats, so its not a big deal if it doesn't win monies. =]

Yes that is possible, but as some have pointed out, most of the horses in the Olympics are already very close to optimum age because the events are completely open. So by the time the Olympics are done, the horses will be well above optimum age and unless are switched to a new event with a high optimum, they won't win much at all.

But it doesn't really affect me as i'm not in the Olympics this year. I think the Olympics is a wonderful community activity and a great idea! I just wasn't aware that there was no other prizes besides medals so that caught me off guard, because i've seen Olympic trainings go for A LOT of money, lol.
Kacy

Postby Piccolo » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:36 pm

Kacy wrote:
greenfoxx wrote:

Yes that is possible, but as some have pointed out, most of the horses in the Olympics are already very close to optimum age because the events are completely open. So by the time the Olympics are done, the horses will be well above optimum age and unless are switched to a new event with a high optimum, they won't win much at all.

But it doesn't really affect me as i'm not in the Olympics this year. I think the Olympics is a wonderful community activity and a great idea! I just wasn't aware that there was no other prizes besides medals so that caught me off guard, because i've seen Olympic trainings go for A LOT of money, lol.

Yes, but since the removal of the score factor has come about it doesn't matter so much whether a horse has been evented much previously - if they have the stats (and all the other little bits and bobs) to win, then they still should do, provided they're entered in older events. :) The winnings will of course not be as high as they would be, but I guess that's allowable since they were Olympic horses, for me at least.
Piccolo

Next

Return to VHR Olympics