Registered horses name plate

The place to come for registering and the latest info about the VHR Olympics

Re: Registered horses name plate

Postby quasarsmom » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:34 pm

Zimmy wrote:
123kerry wrote:i was just wondering, will horses that did not actually enter the olympics still get to keep there name plate? i.e horses that registered but then were not trained in time ect. people could think after the olympics are over , they are buying a horse that competed because of the name plate, when infact it was just registered. it takes alot of time to enter the events ect, which i dont mind as its fun and i love being part of it, but i dont think horses that did not end up competing should get to keep there name plates.

I thought about this too because I bought a horse to event (in regular events) that was trained for the Olympics but never entered and I was thinking that I didn't want to 'false advertise' if the horse was bred after I evented him... BUUUT I realised that it really shouldn't matter because he will obviously not have a medal, and if anyone looks they would see that the events he evented in were not Olympic events... not that I would try to tell people that he had competed when he hadn't, but... I don't think the price of a horse will go up for being in the Olympics if it didn't DO well in the Olympics... I don't think a horses value will raise at all for just being entered... in fact if they did really really poorly I wouldn't think they would have any more value than any other horse that didn't do well in events... or at least, that is the way I would view them...

I would have to agree...for the most part people will be looking at the medalist as far breeding and such goes. :D
PURE Sales List PURE Champion Stud/Brood Ranch Stud/Brood Ranch PB/Goodie List
Specializing in the pure, non inbred eventers of VHR!
Optimus Prime for President!
If you seek to master others, you must first master yourself. -Mercedes Lackey
quasarsmom

Previous

Return to VHR Olympics