Horses over restricted age winning...

Please report any bugs you've noticed here.

Horses over restricted age winning...

Postby nocturne » Sun May 11, 2008 10:16 pm

I thought that horses that were over the age restrictions for events by the time events ran were supposed to have a penalty?

That isn't happening in this case-- there were several events won by this horse who is two years over the age the events were tailored for.

http://www.virtualhorseranch.com/events ... ent=161013
nocturne

Postby Swar » Sun May 11, 2008 10:48 pm

I'm not that surprised. There's a couple more things that were "fixed" that are not.
Swar

Location: 2. the act or process of locating or the state of being located

Postby The 2nd Cavalry » Mon May 12, 2008 6:35 am

Well, Shoot.

Maybe they just pwn?
Main Ranch- Always looking for realistic goodie dye colors or CFG. Let me know if you have any.

The 2nd Cavalry

Postby Rev » Mon May 12, 2008 1:48 pm

The 2nd Cavalry wrote:Well, Shoot.

Maybe they just pwn?

Doesn't matter if they pwn or not... it's not supposed to work like that. =/
Rev

Location: I iz in ur space-time continuum, upsettin all ur gravity and quantums and stuffs.

Postby The 2nd Cavalry » Mon May 12, 2008 3:25 pm

I was joking Revvie. :giggle:
Main Ranch- Always looking for realistic goodie dye colors or CFG. Let me know if you have any.

The 2nd Cavalry

Postby Summer » Mon May 12, 2008 3:48 pm

Erm..whats pwn? And what are the other things?
Summer

Location: And this is where I'm supposed to say something brilliant! ^^

Postby Phantom Racer » Tue May 20, 2008 11:38 am

Maybe Nef hasn't implemented it yet? Or its very buggy?
Phantom Racer

Too old horses winning

Postby SilverGem » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:11 pm

I've got the same problem. I have several events where all of the money winners are either:
    over age
    over level
    or over competition points
For myself, I enter my horses on purpose in events with age, level, and/or point restrictions (so they have a chance to win), and then get annoyed when the same kinds of horses above win everything.

These are my events where supposed-to-be-disqualified horses won:

Are there any steps I can take so that the horses who met the criteria - mostly green or young horses - actually win the prizes?
SilverGem

Postby airos » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:16 pm

Nobody ever said the horses that don't meet the criteria would be disqualified. They are supposed to do badly. But they don't.
airos

Re: Too old horses winning

Postby MsBecks » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:40 pm

SilverGem wrote:I've got the same problem. I have several events where all of the money winners are either:
    over age
    over level
    or over competition points
For myself, I enter my horses on purpose in events with age, level, and/or point restrictions (so they have a chance to win), and then get annoyed when the same kinds of horses above win everything.

These are my events where supposed-to-be-disqualified horses won:

Are there any steps I can take so that the horses who met the criteria - mostly green or young horses - actually win the prizes?

the only thing that was supposed to make them do more poorly was the age...and i just checked your events you posted...the horse that placed 2nd in the first and last events was the ONLY one who placed in the top three who was over age and the 4th place horse in the 3rd event. the second one wasn't even age restricted.
MsBecks

Postby Nitara Dahmpiel » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:19 pm

Maybe the PWNing thing is correct, maybe even if they weren't penalized they would have won anyway.
Nitara Dahmpiel

Postby rezzitgryph » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:15 am

http://www.virtualhorseranch.com/events ... 9010&club= (all the horses in the top five places should have been disqualified)

Märchen is mine. Does the age they were when the event ran freeze on the results screen? I try to be pretty good about keeping an eye on and then removing my horses from events that I've aged them out of before its run. I can't be on the ball all the time, though, so stuff happens.

I am just asking because she's now 11.25 and that just happened fairly late last night my time. Though, now that I look at it I see her event score is too high as well. Honestly I wasn't keeping an eye on that, just scanning for Age restricted events.

And again, I want to reiterate what's already been said here: it is supposed to PENALIZE, not disqualify, when horses go above the limits after already being entered in an event. The game engineers kind of have a fine line to tread here between keeping the people running the events happy, and the people paying money to event horses happy. After all, I can try to avoid aging my horses when I know they're in age-limited events, but I can't really be sure that my event scores aren't going to rise quickly and without my knowledge. That depends entirely on how well the horse is doing.

EDIT: I would like to add that everyone enters horses in age/otherwise restricted events so that they can have a chance to win. I think there are very few people who are rubbing their hands together going 'lets mess up everyone's chances!' They're also thinking "here's an event I stand a better chance in." Accidental aging/score raising is far more likely. People don't want their horses in events where they'll be penalized either.
Last edited by rezzitgryph on Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
rezzitgryph

Postby Alabama » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:24 am

No, the results don't freeze, they reflect the current age of the horse. So the horse may have been the right age when run, then aged before you went and checked results. The only way to know for sure those horses were older than the restrictions is to be the one running the events. Added to which... Horses are not DISQUALIFIED. They are penalized, big difference.

If the horse that's too old wins, it may be because their stats do indeed pawn the other horses to the point they overcome the penalty.
Alabama

Postby Nitara Dahmpiel » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:39 am

Anyway... Nef has already looked into this subject because an op brought it up and she says it's working exactly the way she designed it to work. So no, it's not glitched, it's not buggy, you're getting pwned by horses that were meant to pwn you.
Nitara Dahmpiel

It's not just age

Postby SilverGem » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:36 pm

In the events I posted about, I wasn't refering to just age being an issue.

Those events had restrictions based on level and/or competition points. That's where the big issues were.

If horses aren't penalized or disqualified for being the wrong age, the wrong level, or having too much or too little experience, then why does the event creater give us the opportunity to set restrictions?

By the way, does anyone know how choosing the test level affects results? I'm never sure what to put down down because I don't know how it influences the results (i.e. given the same set of horses, would they place differently at Training Level vs. Grand Prix dressage?). Just curious!
SilverGem

Next

Return to Report Bugs