Horses over restricted age winning...

Please report any bugs you've noticed here.

To rezzitgryph

Postby SilverGem » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:49 pm

Hi rezzitgryph,

Anyway, the reason why I included your beautiful Märchen (I took a peak at her - she's amazing!) in the horses that should have been disqualified wasn't because of her age, but because of her competition points.

She's been extremely successful (competition points 20,000+), and this event had been designed for young, inexperienced horses with 3,000 or less points.

There's no way for me to know how many competition points she had when the event was supposed to run. Running it got seriously delayed while waiting for enough entries. It might have even been delayed by three days, and an awful lot can happen in three days of training and eventing a horse!

It's hard to stay within requirements, anyway, because events run in real time and training and signing up for events occurs as fast as you can take turns. So maybe there will never be a solution, or maybe eligibility should be "frozen" in place at the time a horse signs up for an event?

What do you guys think? And sorry for the long post!
SilverGem

Postby Jellybeanjoe » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:02 pm

You guys have to remember that when you look at the events that have been run, the horses look like how they are currently . . .

Take this event for instance:
http://www.virtualhorseranch.com/events ... ent=165406

The top horse, the one that won, I'm eventing currently.

The event is an age restricted event, 9 years or younger. My mare is currently 11.something.

What does this represent for you? My mare should have been penalised. WRONG. This event ran a couple of weeks back. My mare was 9 when it ran, yet it shows her current age, winnings and points.

I reckon many of the horses you guys have posted were within the limits when they ran, but since then more events have ran, the horses have gotten older, and thus they look like they won when they shouldn't have.

So keep that in mind when you are looking for buggy events. Take a screenshot of them IMMEDIATELY, or as soon as possible after the event has run, otherwise you're evidence is flawed.

Make sense? :D
Jingle bells, Dragon smells! Christmas in July is here!
Jellybeanjoe
Wibbly Wobbly Op

Postby LadyCandy » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:53 pm

yeah if you enter a restricted event then roll your horse they stay in it.
LadyCandy

Postby SilverGem » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:25 pm

jellybeanjoe,

I see your point, but I noticed there were horses too high in age, level, or experience before I ran my event. And there was nothing I could do. I couldn't even choose to not run the event because eventually someone runs the older events.

Oh, and yes, in the events where I noticed the problems with the too experienced horses, for instance, before I ran the event, they, of course, still won. And in most cases won all of the money, while the inexperienced horses who the events were intended for won nothing.

Just frustrating. :cry:
SilverGem

Postby Alabama » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:30 pm

Silvergem, next time you notice that, do a screenshot, save it to paint, then run the event. If the horses that were over the restrictions won, take another screen shot immediately and upload them both. That way, you'll have proof and Nef can look at it.
Alabama

Postby rezzitgryph » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:40 pm

I know. I acknowledged the training levels in my reply if you'll read back. I don't have a solution. If you were to auto disqualify horses that overqualified because people can't/don't want to enter restricted events so that they run in a timely manner, then I lose eventing time that I can't back. That's not really satisfactory either and as an eventer I think you should see the danger in that.

My solution is to not worry so much. My events are age restrictedly only (if at all) and I seldom have issues with them. I don't see much of a point in the competition point restrictions. To the best of my knowledge horses don't do better after 10, 20, 50 events because they have 'experience' (correct me if I'm wrong, but I've never noticed it.) It's about training quality and stats, so age (as in how long you've had to work on the horse) is the only real and actual equalizer.

EDIT: Lol I lied about not having problems with events. I have a set of 2 day old one with age restriction only (to to 12) that I can't fill. My overall conclusion is still eventing and running events is kinda a pain in the butt and to be taken lightly. xD
rezzitgryph

Postby Swar » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:40 am

Well I just got a few irate messages about my horse. It is a track TB and was entered in some score restricted events during the initial group of events I had entered while training. That horse fit the requirements perfectly. Am I supposed to guess which events will run first and then not enter my horse in events where, MAYBE the horse might surpass the score requirements before the events are run? Or maybe I should go through her events every time a few run and withdraw from events that no longer apply? And I should do that for a dozen horses, every day?

The events were modified to take into account over aging (and no it doesn't seem to work), not to penalize a horse starting with a 0 score, that happens to have 10k by the time the score restricted events have run. There is nothing in the update notes that mentions score. Aging we have control over, scores, no we don't, and yes I am fairly annoyed by those mails I got.
Swar

Location: 2. the act or process of locating or the state of being located

Postby miss sarabi » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:20 pm

I've gotten the same kind of angry pm's from people too Swar....it's annoying. If the horse had too high of a score you couldn't have entered in the first place so obviously it met the requirements at the time of entry.

*edit* (sp)
miss sarabi

Previous

Return to Report Bugs