tack not staying on....

Please report any bugs you've noticed here.

tack not staying on....

Postby dreamer56001 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:53 am

Is anyone else haveing a problem keeping the tack on their horses? I have to put it back on them everyday. Is this a new one or has it been doing this for a while? Its first i have tacked any horses here on vhr for a while.

Please msg me if i have won anything. I some times loose track. :)
dreamer56001

Postby kesquivalerian » Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:52 am

It's not that I have to put it back on every day... it's that, if I click onto another horse after putting the tack on and then go back to the original horse a moment later, the tack has magically removed itself.

Either I've got really efficient stable staff, or my tack is coated in industrial lubricant.
Sorry I've not been around - having 100+ animals in REAL life does that to you.
kesquivalerian

I am having the exact problem about tacks!

Postby kintan » Sat Oct 23, 2004 8:27 am

The tack list seems to be working wrong. It won't remove the already used tack from the list so when I pick the already used tack to put on another horse, it will jump to that horse and the horse I tacked before will be untacked. Also, I am having a problem of the pictures not showing. Is everyone seeing the pictures of the tacks, horse shoes and trophies?
kintan

Postby shelly51984 » Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:04 pm

kintan my tack has been doing that for a while. I just put all tack in the first spot on one horse, the second on the next so on and so on. My tack stays on if you make sure you aren't using the same tack on different horses. About the pictures. I think they use to be there a while ago but I haven't seen the pictures in months.
shelly51984

Postby LadyCandy » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:54 pm

I have had the problem where I buy tack then go into my inventory because I cannot find it when I try to put it on a horse and it is another player's horse from another ranch.
LadyCandy

Postby Kalasin » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:47 pm

yeah, I bought a couple saddles for 100k each the other day and I couldn't use them because they were both on someone else horses
ImageImage
Kalasin

Location: somewhere, wishing I had something more interesting to say here

Postby EmpireStables » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:10 am

I often include tack on horses I train for others. It shows up on 2 inventory lists- the first list under management inventory and the other on the skills-items-making tack option.

Both places allow the tack creator to destroy the tack. It could be that the tack maker is inadvertantely or deliberately destroying tack.

I know that occasionally I have to go through my inventory list and remove tack off of retired horses... of course this saves me the time from making more tack but again I only remove tack from horses sent to happyland. Other tack makers might not realize this....

Unfortunetly I have pages and pages and pages and pages of tack and that's VERY fustrating to weedle through. Once tack leaves the ranch whether in market or by horse it should cease to show up anywhere on my ranch!
Duct tape is like 'The Force'. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
EmpireStables

Postby Shay » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:01 am

Kalasin wrote:yeah, I bought a couple saddles for 100k each the other day and I couldn't use them because they were both on someone else horses

Just take the saddles off. :) That's what I've done. I only sat there for a minute, thinking, "wtf?" before I said, "You are NOT going to cheat ME, dammit." And then I used them. (I think. I'm pretty sure, because I haven't needed to purchase tack in a while, lol.)

Well, my horses' tack is working fine. :) (*pulls on leather suit in anticipation of dagger glares* LOL. ;))
Image Image
Shay

Location: In Hairy's pocket, watching SG-1 kick Gou'ald ass. What, you mean there's more to life? O.o

Postby Kalasin » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:23 pm

I dunno, I always thought if I removed it it would go back to the person that made it, and whos horse it was on
ImageImage
Kalasin

Location: somewhere, wishing I had something more interesting to say here

Postby LadyCandy » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:03 pm

not if you bought it from the market place it won't go back to the person...only if someone else tacks your horse for you.
LadyCandy

Postby Rev » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:11 pm

Wow guys, talk about dragging up an old thread. rotfl.

This is from 2004. XD
Rev

Location: I iz in ur space-time continuum, upsettin all ur gravity and quantums and stuffs.

Postby LadyCandy » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:14 pm

sorry my fault, but that is not good if the bug still exists (they should delete them...you can still delete things with polls that are still open if admin...used to do it on another site...) and better then starting a new one :wink:
LadyCandy

Postby Rev » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:18 pm

Lol, I didn't say it to berate anyone, was just giggling that a 2004 thread was unearthed in 2007. XD

But yeah, that bug needs to get fixed. =/
Rev

Location: I iz in ur space-time continuum, upsettin all ur gravity and quantums and stuffs.

Postby LadyCandy » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:21 pm

I know me ish teasing :)
LadyCandy

Postby Twit » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:55 pm

It time traveled :lol: sorta. I dont have an issue so far -knocks on wood- but I have bought tack and then had to remove it. :? Its a minor nuisance.
^.^ Click Me to go to Lou's Foundy Ranch of Doom!
Twit

Next

Return to Report Bugs