Disappearing Events?

Please report any bugs you've noticed here.

Disappearing Events?

Postby RhymeWillRememberPassword » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:10 pm

Well, they're not really disappearing but my events seem to automatically run by themselves after 3 days or so. Anyone else have this issue? :?
RhymeWillRememberPassword

Re: Disappearing Events?

Postby Zimmy » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:52 am

YES!

It seems to be if there are exactly 10 horses in my events when auto events run, mine are run with them... and it doesn't seem to have to be 3 days either... seems to be any time I have exactly 10 horses in the events and autos are run...

Oddly enough... OVER 10, no issues... under 10, no issues... the most frustrating part about it isn't really events being run with 10, because I do that anyway... but sometimes one event only has 9 entries (you know, some people don't enter them all, or forget one) and then the other events will run, leaving me with one SINGLE event not run... at which point it's hard to get that last entry without using a filler of my own because most people don't want to enter just one event.

I would really love for this to be looked into, it seems to happen to me pretty often.
Zimmy

Postby RhymeWillRememberPassword » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:14 am

I'm glad it isn't just me.. At first, I never noticed it until it started happening more and more. It's only happened within the last several months that I can tell. Maybe when the auto events were switched or something? I don't know. :?

Postby Zimmy » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:00 am

RhymeWillRememberPassword wrote:I'm glad it isn't just me.. At first, I never noticed it until it started happening more and more. It's only happened within the last several months that I can tell. Maybe when the auto events were switched or something? I don't know. :?

That's when I started noticing it... it took me a while to catch on though, at first I was SURE I was imagining it, but it has happened far too many times now for it to be just me being forgetful
Zimmy

Postby quasarsmom » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:14 pm

I thought I was going crazy

Been happening to me as well
PURE Sales List PURE Champion Stud/Brood Ranch Stud/Brood Ranch PB/Goodie List
Specializing in the pure, non inbred eventers of VHR!
Optimus Prime for President!
If you seek to master others, you must first master yourself. -Mercedes Lackey
quasarsmom

Postby Hawk » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:53 pm

They aren't disappearing, they are running. Events got set up a while back to auto run with 10 entries like the auto events do. Though it's not known why events with more than 10 aren't also running. It's currently being discussed to set the rest of them (under 10 entries) to auto run as well.

Edit: http://www.virtualhorseranch.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=164547
Hawk
Featherless Op with Pink Hoody & Bunny slippers.

Postby Zimmy » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:03 pm

Hawk wrote:They aren't disappearing, they are running. Events got set up a while back to auto run with 10 entries like the auto events do. Though it's not known why events with more than 10 aren't also running. It's currently being discussed to set the rest of them (under 10 entries) to auto run as well.

I think most of us had it figured out by now... it was just very confusing when we first noticed it happening! :)
Zimmy

Postby RhymeWillRememberPassword » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:27 pm

Zimmy wrote:
Hawk wrote:They aren't disappearing, they are running. Events got set up a while back to auto run with 10 entries like the auto events do. Though it's not known why events with more than 10 aren't also running. It's currently being discussed to set the rest of them (under 10 entries) to auto run as well.

I think most of us had it figured out by now... it was just very confusing when we first noticed it happening! :)

Yeah, back in like august... I did not know that player made events were supposed to even auto run then lol

Return to Report Bugs