Dressage event glitch?

Please report any bugs you've noticed here.

Dressage event glitch?

Postby Musiclover » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:35 am

Recently entered two horses in a local dressage team event and they came in 7th. In a similar event they were 2nd. Also, when they came in 7th their average dressage scores were the best of all the pairs, yet their team score was 10085.4 ? Is this due to a glitch? Because I feel they shouldn't have lost so badly since their scores were among the best :?

Event where they came in 7th
Event where they came in 2nd

Musiclover

Re: Dressage event glitch?

Postby Alabama » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:34 pm

Alabama

Postby elise:) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:26 pm

it does appear to be a glitch though... I mean look at the scores that were awarded in the event where her team placed 7th. The scores are all normal, in the 80s and 90s (as dressage scores typically are) until 6 or 7th place, then the scores jump up to like 900s -1000s.... that's not normal.
I've seen that happen before and I *think* it's due to the person running the event, not letting the page load completely before they click the link to run the event, although I'm not sure, because I've never been able to get a straight answer when posting about it on the forums.
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ Three Sixty Farm (.360.) --- home of the Alaskan Draft Pony,
Alpine Sport Pony, Colorado Cow Pony and the Frozen Draft Horse
Event Stimulus Program :: Three Sixty Olympians :: .360. Training
elise:)

Postby Zimmy » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:50 pm

elise:) wrote:it does appear to be a glitch though... I mean look at the scores that were awarded in the event where her team placed 7th. The scores are all normal, in the 80s and 90s (as dressage scores typically are) until 6 or 7th place, then the scores jump up to like 900s -1000s.... that's not normal.
I've seen that happen before and I *think* it's due to the person running the event, not letting the page load completely before they click the link to run the event, although I'm not sure, because I've never been able to get a straight answer when posting about it on the forums.

but in the one where she placed 7th it 'jumps' at seventh place, in the one where she came second it makes the same 'jump' at 8th place... is that really all that different?
Zimmy

Postby elise:) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:39 am

Zimmy wrote:
elise:) wrote:it does appear to be a glitch though... I mean look at the scores that were awarded in the event where her team placed 7th. The scores are all normal, in the 80s and 90s (as dressage scores typically are) until 6 or 7th place, then the scores jump up to like 900s -1000s.... that's not normal.

but in the one where she placed 7th it 'jumps' at seventh place, in the one where she came second it makes the same 'jump' at 8th place... is that really all that different?

oh i dunno... i didn't really look at that. But should it really be happening at all? Are they the same player's events? Perhaps that person didn't let any of their events load before running them. Normally all the scores are between the 70-100 point range, unless a horse is very unsuited for dressage.
Is that really the event randomness kicking in? I didn't think it worked like that, I just thought it was like your horse has a chance to do like 5 points worse than normal or 5 points better... but not like that big of a scoring difference.
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ Three Sixty Farm (.360.) --- home of the Alaskan Draft Pony,
Alpine Sport Pony, Colorado Cow Pony and the Frozen Draft Horse
Event Stimulus Program :: Three Sixty Olympians :: .360. Training
elise:)

Postby Musiclover » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:18 am

Yup both event are the same players events, and these two events are the only events in which I entered my horses as a team. I really don't think that their scores should have differed so drastically, they got beaten by an American Quarterhorse and a Tennesse Walking Horse! :|
Musiclover

Postby Alabama » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:43 am

It is not glitched. All events have a chance at being random (placing randomly), as well as horses. This means in one event, if the event is random, all the horses may place oddly. In another event, one horse or team of horses may be having an exceptionally good or bad day, meaning they may place higher or lower than they might normally place, throwing everyone else into different positions. More than one horse or team of horses may be affected in a single event.

It's random, meaning there's no rhyme or reason why it happens. It may happen once in 20 events. It may hit 10 events in 20. It may strike two or three times in a row. It may be that every 5th event may be affected. It may not happen at all in 50 events.

A good indication that random has struck is that the scores are off what they normally would be.

Generally, if an event is ran before it's completely loaded, there will be horses that don't place at all, as in they don't have a placing, not even 10th.
Alabama

Return to Report Bugs