Pregnancy glitch?

Please report any bugs you've noticed here.

Pregnancy glitch?

Postby Sparky Lurkdragon » Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:12 pm

So I've just come back for the first time in a couple years, and had a few preggo horses... or, at least, I have the message "Mare was bred to stallion, foal expected day X", X being some number over 1,000 from the last time I had a sponsor account; my day counter reset to 0. Also, the ranch search isn't seeing them as pregnant.

So I plonked a couple of them into the stable and started training... and a year and a half later, they haven't given birth, and indeed came into heat. I was even allowed to click on "Breed this horse", though I haven't tried to see what would happen if I found a stallion and did so. Is this a known glitch?

I'd have to riffle through the pasture to find all of them affected, but here's a couple showing it: http://www.virtualhorseranch.com/viewho ... se=1578657 and http://www.virtualhorseranch.com/viewho ... se=1566179
i r srs wanderer. this r srs thread.
Sparky Lurkdragon

Re: Pregnancy glitch?

Postby Danielle_Dawn » Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:18 pm

That has happened to me before, I think it was an accident and the horse was never really pregnant :/
Danielle_Dawn

Postby Jellybeanjoe » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:18 pm

Are you talking about the recent activity on horses, circled on the screen shot below?

That's just saying the last thing (apart from training) that's been done to the horse. For example, the last thing I did to the horse above was breed it. However the message does not say that she foaled. That mare is also not pregnant currently ;)

So when you saw that message, did you actually scroll down further and check that the mares in question were actually pregnant? Otherwise the message could have been from when you last bred the mares, all those years ago :)
Jingle bells, Dragon smells! Christmas in July is here!
Jellybeanjoe
Wibbly Wobbly Op

Postby Sparky Lurkdragon » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:46 pm

Fair enough - that's probably what happened, and thanks for the explanation. Hooray for not remembering game mechanics? ^^'
i r srs wanderer. this r srs thread.
Sparky Lurkdragon

Postby Jellybeanjoe » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:30 pm

The joys of an oldie coming back after all this time ;)

Just so you know for future reference, a mare just bred will foal out in 10 turns (0.5 years)
Jingle bells, Dragon smells! Christmas in July is here!
Jellybeanjoe
Wibbly Wobbly Op

Postby Zimmy » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:48 pm

Sparky Lurkdragon wrote:Fair enough - that's probably what happened, and thanks for the explanation. Hooray for not remembering game mechanics? ^^'

aww, lol, you will remember as you go. :D
Zimmy

Return to Report Bugs