over age winning

Please report any bugs you've noticed here.

Re: over age winning

Postby Zimmy » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:31 am

Aniara wrote:I think it would be nice add that if a horse is older than the restriction in the events, it would be
a) automatically removed from the events its too old for
b) automatically placed the lowest placing among the horses that are younger than the horse
:)

Well, they ARE supposed to take a heavy penalty, that is why I posted this... they wont always come in dead last, but generally they only come in above horses that just are not trained for the event at all... which I think is fair enough... but yeah, they should not be (and would not have been in the past) winning. lol. sounds like it is being fixed however...

I wouldn't personally mind the horses being automatically pulled either, but I haven't a CLUE how difficult that might be to add to the game... and right now the only way I think is for the OPs to have to do it by hand. D:
Zimmy

Postby Aniara » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:55 am

Zimmy wrote:I wouldn't personally mind the horses being automatically pulled either, but I haven't a CLUE how difficult that might be to add to the game... and right now the only way I think is for the OPs to have to do it by hand. D:

Indeed, could be either too hard or maybe even impossible..
I am no longer able to play the game due to real life commitments. I would like to thank all my friends for the past 11 years on VHR. xx
Aniara

Postby Zimmy » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:13 am

anyone else still having issues with this? I am still seeing it...
Zimmy

Postby Cpt. Barbossa » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:31 pm

as I was told if a horse is .05 over the still have a chance of winning its when they keep getting older should they be getting knocked out
Im actually a pleasant sort so msg me if you have questions
Cpt. Barbossa

Postby Zimmy » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:36 pm

Cpt. Barbossa wrote:as I was told if a horse is .05 over the still have a chance of winning its when they keep getting older should they be getting knocked out

Yes, but I have been talking about horses WAY over... mine that I spoke of was something like .75 years over! That is not a horse that should be taking second place!
Zimmy

Postby Cpt. Barbossa » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:41 pm

Zimmy wrote:
Cpt. Barbossa wrote:as I was told if a horse is .05 over the still have a chance of winning its when they keep getting older should they be getting knocked out

Yes, but I have been talking about horses WAY over... mine that I spoke of was something like .75 years over! That is not a horse that should be taking second place!

rofling must have missed that
Im actually a pleasant sort so msg me if you have questions
Cpt. Barbossa

Postby Zimmy » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:43 pm

Cpt. Barbossa wrote:
Zimmy wrote:

rofling must have missed that

That was the one that made me the most sure that something wasn't right... especially because I could prove that it hadn't been aged after the events ran because it was (embarrassingly) my own horse.
Zimmy

Postby Zimmy » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:01 pm

still seeing horses more than a year over age placing in events...

someone help me out with a screen shot? I know that it is supposed to depend on HOW over aged and everything but a 7.4 year old horse has been placing in under SIX year events...

http://www.virtualhorseranch.com/events ... ent=557685

I can not get a screen shot to work for me to save my life... again, not complaining that my horse isn't taking higher places, only thinking that the age penalty is really not working...
Zimmy

Postby elise:) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:05 pm

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ Three Sixty Farm (.360.) --- home of the Alaskan Draft Pony,
Alpine Sport Pony, Colorado Cow Pony and the Frozen Draft Horse
Event Stimulus Program :: Three Sixty Olympians :: .360. Training
elise:)

Postby Alabama » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:26 pm

We're hoping Nef fixed it this time. Let us know if it keeps happening.
Alabama

Postby Zimmy » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:51 pm

why can't I get my computer to do eeet? Thanks Elise! I must be leaving out something that I was told to do (I am computer illiterate, haha)

Alabama wrote:We're hoping Nef fixed it this time. Let us know if it keeps happening.

Thanks, I was afraid to say anything again... I am turning into the person that stalks ages... :lol: but I thought it was best to say something since it was another big age difference.
Zimmy

Postby elise:) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:00 pm

Zimmy wrote:

why can't I get my computer to do eeet? Thanks Elise! I must be leaving out something that I was told to do (I am computer illiterate, haha)

:P I just press my printscreen key when I'm on the page i was to capture and then open paint and select paste. It shows up in paint and then i can just save as a jpg and upload.
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ Three Sixty Farm (.360.) --- home of the Alaskan Draft Pony,
Alpine Sport Pony, Colorado Cow Pony and the Frozen Draft Horse
Event Stimulus Program :: Three Sixty Olympians :: .360. Training
elise:)

Previous

Return to Report Bugs