over age winning

Please report any bugs you've noticed here.

over age winning

Postby Zimmy » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:21 am

http://www.virtualhorseranch.com/events ... ent=549067
http://www.virtualhorseranch.com/events ... ent=549066
http://www.virtualhorseranch.com/events ... ent=549065
http://www.virtualhorseranch.com/events ... ent=549064
second place horse in my under 6 events was 6.4 years of age WHEN I ran the events... I am a little miffed because I would have liked to have enter the under seven events that were up too, but I had to wait until my under 6 events ran... looks like I didn't actually have to wait at all... could have just aged it. :?

And yes, the horse was already over aged when I ran the events, I saw it and assumed that it would tank for being overaged, so ran the events anyway... 6.4 isn't really slightly over either, that's well over...
Zimmy

Re: over age winning

Postby miss sarabi » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:52 pm

Well that is enough evidence for me Zim. From now on I will be getting Ops to remove over aged horses until this is resolved.
miss sarabi

Postby Zimmy » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:36 pm

miss sarabi wrote:Well that is enough evidence for me Zim. From now on I will be getting Ops to remove over aged horses until this is resolved.

sorry for the lack of screen shots, my computer wasn't doing it even when I followed instructions I was given (I are computer stupid), but the horse WAS 6.4 years and taking second, I am pretty sure I have been told that each time a horse is aged over the restriction it should receive a bigger penalty... and .4 is not a minor aging issue.

I am not saying that anything should be done about where the money went in the events or anything so silly as that, but I DO think that OPs should be aware that it is happening... and yeah, I will be wanting over aged horses removed too if they are not going to get a penalty automatically.
Zimmy

Postby Zimmy » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:07 pm

umm, this happened again, I am embarrassed to say that it was a horse that I was eventing this time and I didn't realise events hadn't run when I aged it. :oops: but the horse was VERY over aged for the events and winning (barrels this time) so I think something really is wrong with the age penalty on events...
Zimmy

Postby Zimmy » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:10 pm

Zimmy

Postby Wildcowgrl25 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:27 pm

The horse is mine and it was under 6 when I entered and then I did like you did and forgot about those events and aged her. On another note its not really fair to remove the horse because you can't enter them in the event to begin with unless they are under six and people make mistakes in aging them. they still payed their money....I think it is a bug that needs to be fixed. :D
Wildcowgrl25 aka Destiny

Wildcowgrl25

Location: Hiding under my couch from the things that keep calling me MOMMY!

Postby Zimmy » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:32 pm

Wildcowgrl25 wrote:The horse is mine and it was under 6 when I entered and then I did like you did and forgot about those events and aged her.

oh, I wasn't talking about your horse, a horse that I am eventing is taking seconds and thirds in the events, rofl, I was trying to use my own as an example of the age penalty not working because she was almost a year over the age she should have been... wasn't trying to point out anyone else at all, just proof from the one that I am eventing.

I figured someone might take notice if I pointed out that it was one that I myself accidentally aged (because then I can prove that I aged it before events ran and not after).

I wish something would warn us when we were doing that a turn over age and then maybe more than a turn or two over I kinda wish it would auto boot the horse from the event.. it sounds complicated but it doesn't seem like the age penalty is working and I don't do this very often but when I do I feel bad about it.
Zimmy

Postby Zimmy » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:33 pm

Wildcowgrl25 wrote:I think it is a bug that needs to be fixed. :D

That's why I am posting it here, lol, It has happened to me in two different events now, making me think that it really is a bug at the moment. =)
Zimmy

Postby Wildcowgrl25 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:33 pm

Ya it would be nice if there was like an alarm "Warning DO NOT AGE YOUR HORSE!!!"LOL! :lol:
Wildcowgrl25 aka Destiny

Wildcowgrl25

Postby Zimmy » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:36 pm

Wildcowgrl25 wrote:Ya it would be nice if there was like an alarm "Warning DO NOT AGE YOUR HORSE!!!"LOL! :lol:

:lol: Yeah, it would, but I DO understand how complicated THAT would probably be...

but now that I have seen it in sprint AND barrels I would really like an OP to look into it... it used to work so maybe when we changed servers? I just know that my horse was over aged enough (.75!) that the age penalty the way it was before would have dropped mine to pretty much last place, so it does not appear to be working...
Zimmy

Postby Wildcowgrl25 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:42 pm

Definately, there is no point in having age restrictions if its not going to work. *note to self, make sure all events have run before aging horsie* :lol:
Wildcowgrl25 aka Destiny

Wildcowgrl25

Postby Alabama » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:15 pm

Nef's looking into it, hopefully have it fixed shortly
Alabama

Postby Zimmy » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:27 pm

Alabama wrote:Nef's looking into it, hopefully have it fixed shortly

Awesome! Thanks very much Bama! Sorry to bring up a bug in the middle of the Olympic activities. :oops:
Zimmy

Postby Aniara » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:32 pm

I think it would be nice add that if a horse is older than the restriction in the events, it would be
a) automatically removed from the events its too old for
b) automatically placed the lowest placing among the horses that are younger than the horse
:)
I am no longer able to play the game due to real life commitments. I would like to thank all my friends for the past 11 years on VHR. xx
Aniara

Next

Return to Report Bugs