Chat not letting me log in :\

Please report any bugs you've noticed here.

Chat not letting me log in :\

Postby Karebear » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:44 am

Everytime I try to log in to chat a little message shows up at the bottom saying "Could not lookup irc.wikked.us" Does this happen to anyone else?
Image <--- Click me!
-----
Ranches: #333041 | #517478 | #597597
Karebear

Re: Chat not letting me log in :\

Postby Jellybeanjoe » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:03 am

Ok, this is actually copied from a post I made on the VP Forums . . . I probably should post the same post over here xD

Using Java to get into chat:
It is possible to get into via VP. Go to BarkPark and click on Chat. I prefer going through http://www.wikkedwire.com/javachat.html to get into chat. Both is possible.

If you try to connect and get a message like this:

Could not look up irc.wikked.us

Means that you need to update your Java client. Go to java.com and download the newest version.
Its also highly likely that its your browser that could be the problem. Internet Explorer is more likely to allow chat than FireFox.

If you try to connect and get a message like this:

Cannot join channel (+b)

Means you are banned. If you've never been in chat before, there's a high chance that you are caught up in a broad ban. PM an Op politely and they'll allow your nick to be allowed on.
AOL users will need to PM an Op. AOL does not control the people who use their services and can not track them, so it is best for the safety of minors to do a broad ban for them.

If you've been in chat before and misbehaved and have been banned, don't bother trying to get on chat other ways. Serve out your ban. Getting on while you are banned (aka ban walking) will only get you a longer ban. Ok?
Should you try to connect and get a message like

Also, if you use FireFox, people tend to find that it doesn't work. Try using Internet Explorer

---------------------------------------------
*edit* That's all for connecting to chat using Java. If you're planning to frequent chat more often, I highly suggest downloading mIRC or Chatzilla (for Apple/Mac computers) as it tends to save your sanity more often :lol: Once you leave Java, you don't tend to go back willingly :P
Jingle bells, Dragon smells! Christmas in July is here!
Jellybeanjoe
Wibbly Wobbly Op

Re: Chat not letting me log in :\

Postby Karebear » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:52 am

Gaah stoopid Firefox >.<

Thanks Jelly, I'll probably look into those downloads at some point ^^
Image <--- Click me!
-----
Ranches: #333041 | #517478 | #597597
Karebear

Return to Report Bugs