My dressage events disappeared

Please report any bugs you've noticed here.

My dressage events disappeared

Postby SilverGem » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:53 pm

Hi.

I had four dressage events put on by Freedom Eventing Barn (Eventing_Manager), called Pure Dressage 14+. I entered some of my horses but hadn't run the events because there weren't 10 entries yet.

My events weren't that overdue (it was time to advertise in the BB and in the Forum). Less than 2 days overdue, maybe only about 1 day overdue.

But, while searching dressage events I noticed that a HUGE number of them have disappeared (especially the huge number of show horse events that were past due and didn't have enough entrants).

I went to my Eventing Farm and checked, and sure enough couldn't find my Pure Dressage 14+ events! They aren't in completed or in not completed. They just disappeared!

I paid to put those events on and I still had time before the 5 days overdue deadline. How do I get my events to re-appear, or will they re-appear anyway? Or were they run? Where do I find the results?

It cost me $440,000 to set up the events and I spent at least another $100,000 or so entering 2 or 3 horses of mine into each event. If the events don't come back and they didn't run, how do I get my money back?
SilverGem

Postby Alabama » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:07 pm

http://virtualhorseranch.com/phpbb2/vie ... p?t=102466 This may help you understand what happened.

There are too many restricted events that never fill and only have one person's horses in them. Take care that when you make a restricted event, that there is enough interest to at least get someone else's horses in them.
Alabama

Postby SilverGem » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:03 pm

Does that mean I'm out the over $0.5 million I spent to set the events up and enter my horses? Or was I given my money back?

BTW, my events weren't that specialized. Events in dressage for ages 14+ fill up normally. I just got involved in helping a couple of Novices get started in understanding the game and lost track of time (about 2 days, actually). I got so wrapped up I forgot to advertise my events.
SilverGem

Postby Alabama » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:15 pm

No, you do not get that money back, which is why Hawk posted that thread in two different places on the forum.. The GD and the trainoff section.
Alabama

Postby Mythara » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:01 am

I'm afraid most of the entries are propbably going into my 14+ dressage events. I've been setting them up for a couple of weeks now, and most people entering older horses only put them in four events a day.
Mythara

Return to Report Bugs