The effect of using "offline" points on rolling??

Have a technical question you can't find the answer to in FAQ's? Ask it here. Game problem questions that do NOT pertain to things like training advice, what would my horse do well in, how much is it worth.

The effect of using "offline" points on rolling??

Postby girl_rides_on » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:39 am

This question has been bugging me for a while now: has anyone figured out exactly what the effects of using sponsor points (or "offline points") on horse stats (when training) on rolling a horse, in general or just on one stat?

Can you think of any situation in which using them could help you roll a single stat...or vice versa?

Does using "offline points" ruin the opportunity to be to roll a horse later on?

I'd love to get someone else's perspective...
girl_rides_on

Postby Mythara » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:50 am

I don't think you can use them to roll. Personally I wouldn't use them for training. They will make your horse older than they would be if you had just trained them yourself, and normally while you are stat maxing your horse, stats will start to roll - especially speed. But I'm fairly sure this doesn't happen with offline points. Offline points don't seem to be useful at all for horses. I only ever use them on skills. =)
Mythara

Postby Guardgrl » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:00 am

Agree with mythara, the thing about offline points is that they can only raise stats, they dont drop percentage, and I have even done a test with my horses since it calculates increase before training. Well here are my results-

Strength before training=110.9(started training)
Increase to max=Around 89
Offline points needed to use to max=approx. 64
Age Increase= 3.2 years

So lets say all the stats are around that the horse would be around 12 before being maxed, thats over half of how long I have found it takes. and then you have barely any time to try and roll. This also means either taking the extra time and maxing surefoot and movement, or leaving them to focus on rolling. Will rolling you need all the time savers you can use, using offline points and then rolling wont work because you dont have that, it would hardly be worth it.
Guardgrl

Location: On the drum corps planet stalking DCI, and plotting BD's demise, GO VANGUARD!!!!

Postby girl_rides_on » Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:35 pm

That makes sense. Thank you both for you input, I didn't want to mess around with them to find out what would happen. I know how to roll, but most of the time I don't understand the logistics of it well enough to know stuff like that...basically I can do it, but I'm not skilled enough to know exactly how what I am doing works...so thanks. :)
girl_rides_on

Return to Questions/Support