Horse Naming Protocol

Have a technical question you can't find the answer to in FAQ's? Ask it here. Game problem questions that do NOT pertain to things like training advice, what would my horse do well in, how much is it worth.

Should you name your horse for a ranch that's not yours?

Yes
No votes
No
100%
Other; Please post details.
No votes

Total votes : 37

Postby freedom_seeker » Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:57 pm

Granted, most of the people who deal with you Misty, know the quality of your horses and noticed that the non-BC foals could have no way come from your ranch. :D

(P.S. if you couldn't tell I'm a huge fan of the MK lines.)
freedom_seeker

Postby EyelinerAbuse » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:13 am

i started using the brand [MR] not knowing someone else was :shock:
So i decided to change mine to [6²8]
AFI fans will get that idea :giggle:

--edit--

But as Sick rightly said, the shield tells all
EyelinerAbuse

Postby Aryn_Vernier » Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:58 am

Zita wrote:i started using the brand [MR] not knowing someone else was :shock:
So i decided to change mine to [6²8]
AFI fans will get that idea :giggle:

--edit--

But as Sick rightly said, the shield tells all

Doesn't always help if the other person is also a sponsor and uses almost the exact same brand as you. I had to change my ranch brand (not too happily) because someone was using a brand that was one letter less than mine. (I used †AV she used AV) I almost always breed statmaxed horses together and..She didn't. x_x I even got a few messages asking if it was another ranch of mine.

I politely asked her to change her ranch brand due to people emssaging me out of confusion. To say the least, I got a rude reply.
Aryn_Vernier

Postby silly_vixen » Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:56 pm

I've been branding my horses for about a year or so, and I know I would be increadably peeved to find out someone else was using it.

It wouldnt even bother me as much that someone was trying to impersonate my lines, or confusing things. I would be mad that I would never be able to use that horse's name.

I mean...the whole reason I started branding was because all the names I wanted seemed to be taken, so I thought up a brand so I could use them.
Image Image Image
silly_vixen

Postby Sick » Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:15 pm

I mean...the whole reason I started branding was because all the names I wanted seemed to be taken, so I thought up a brand so I could use them.

...I've considered branding in names for that very reason, actually. XD An old in-game friend used to do that for that very reason...it was neato.
Sick

Postby freedom_seeker » Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:18 pm

That's why I started using a brand too. That and I just like to be able to easily identify my horses in other people's line by seeing just the name.
freedom_seeker

Postby Nitara Dahmpiel » Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:43 pm

PM me a link to their ranch.
Nitara Dahmpiel

Postby kooki85 » Tue May 08, 2007 7:06 pm

A few people have done that to me. So annoying! I use 'scottwood' in the names of all horses bred on my ranch.
45mil still needed...

And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?
kooki85

Postby Candy » Wed May 09, 2007 3:28 am

Well I really think it depends from case to case.

For likte the first year I was here or something I used CK or [CK] or something like that in front of the names of the horses I bred, and someone got really catty at me about that. Messaged me and told me to stop using it and everything. But I actually had never seen someone elses horse with that brand, and actually I think that person had joined after me or so I remember at least.

But if you know that someone else is already using a certain brand or so, I think it's stupid to start using the same one. And even if you don't have a possibility to search for it you can always check our nice "ranch brand list" or whatever it's called. At least I think of that as sort of a "trademark registering" :lol: and wouldn't start using a name that someone already has on there...
Candy

Postby Phantom Thief Dark » Wed May 30, 2007 9:20 pm

Zita wrote:But as Sick rightly said, the shield tells all

True that
Phantom Thief Dark

Location: Running around chat... perverting future gutter minds

Postby luvmolly » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:44 am

as far as i know(which isn't very far. rabbit doesn't get out much :oops: :lol: ) i havn't really had a prob w/people using my brand (the *LSS*). i only saw a horse named after my brand and the was very recent. i didn't contact them about it even though i know they somewhat copied my brand. instead of puting *LSS* at the beginning, the put LSS at the end. it still agitated me cuz it was so similar....but, i don't know. how should i handle this type of thing? people with experience?
*LSS* is my brand
"when you point your finger at another, three of your own fingers are pointed back at you"
luvmolly

Postby Nitara Dahmpiel » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:47 am

Why is this still being posted in? It was a dead thread, besides that, I took care of it, the person doing it was a guy actually, and my exhusband from another game...
Nitara Dahmpiel

Previous

Return to Questions/Support