Help Please!

Have a technical question you can't find the answer to in FAQ's? Ask it here. Game problem questions that do NOT pertain to things like training advice, what would my horse do well in, how much is it worth.

How long have you been playing?

Under 6 monthes
22%
Under or 1 year
65%
2 years
9%
3-4 years
No votes
5 years and over
4%

Total votes : 23

Help Please!

Postby Courtney » Wed Nov 17, 2004 3:31 pm

Hi everyone! :D
I'm new, and I have no clue what to do on this game. I don't have any horses yet, and I have no clue about anything. Do you get to choose your horses color, build, docility, etc. How fast do they age? What would be an example of a good horse for a newbie? What to you need to do to take care of your horse, and how come all the horses are so expensive? Please share any and all information you know about this game! Please! I want to get started but don't want to mess up my account, and I don't understand this complicated game! lol! :oops:
Courtney :D
Hey everyone! I'm Courtney!
Courtney

Postby Kholran » Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:02 pm

First of all, what breed are you interested in? No breed is really 'better' than any other, it all has to do with your interests and what you're looking for in a horse. I guess you could say you choose your horse's colour...you can buy a horse of whatever colour you want...the other things can't be chosen so much as bred for. Below 2 years old, horses age by .1 years per turn. After that, it drops to .05 years per turn. Now, the more complicated stuff. After you've chosen a breed to focus on, you'll want to decide what to train the horse in (if it isn't already trained) and what you want to do with your horse (i.e. breed, show, etc.). If you're looking to breed or show, you'll be interested in stat maxing. A stat maxed horse is one whose Surefoot, Strength, Speed, Endurance, and Intelligence is all over 200 in the parentheses. An example of a stat maxed horse. Don't get drawn into the whole level thing...a level 15 horse doesn't mean much by itself if it isn't also stat maxed. The number inside the parentheses is what is important for breeding, and has a huge influence on how well horses do in events. By training your horse in the different training options, the number inside the parentheses will rise. Eventuall when the stats combined add up to 450, you'll get a message when you take a turn that says 'This horse has reached a statistic cap'. This is a good thing, but don't stop training here. Now, one thing to keep in mind: It's really really difficult to stat max a horse on a novice account. If you have the extra money, you might consider paying a sponsor to train for you. But it's important to remember that the better trained your horse is, the better the offspring of the horse will be. Really, there's no 'right' or 'wrong' things to do in the game. I know it's overwhelming at first, but you just need to start playing, and you'll get a feel for it. It is possible to find a good yet inexpensive horse, it just takes some searching. Hope my long winded response helped a little, and feel free to message me if you have any more questions. ^_^
Kholran
Time Lord

Postby eino » Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:10 pm

This game isn't even over three years old. *clicks the five year button, just to be a smart ass*
eino

Location: Kansas- There's a ternader a'comin'! Grab th' babies!

Postby Courtney » Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:22 pm

Thank-you Kholran very much for all of your help, I am still a bit confused but I think I can get started now and hopefully figure out the rest as I go!

Eino- I didn't realize the game wasn't that old yet- sorry :oops:
Courtney

Postby Alana » Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:20 am

no need to be sry and I could give you a fully trianed horse for free if you want just deside upon waht breed you wanna deal with :D
Alana

Postby Courtney » Thu Nov 18, 2004 5:20 am

Well thank-you very much Alana. I'm interested in lots of breeds like Trakehners (their my fav.), Canadians, Paints, AQH and Arabians.
Courtney :D
Courtney

Postby Alana » Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:38 am

well would you like me to get you a good statted Trakky and train it for you? just say the word and I will get right on it :D

edit: I am to inpatient to wait for your reply so I am gonna buy the best statted Tracky colt available on the market for you and start trianing as soon as I am done with the one I got lol :D

heres the link to your horse if you want him :lol:
http://www.virtualhorseranch.com/viewho ... rse=231473

ohh and I will need to know waht you want him leveled in if you do want him :D since thats all thats left to do as I just finnished statmaxing him :lol:
Alana

Postby Courtney » Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:44 pm

Alana- I'm so sry it took me so long to reply!
I wanted to say hank-you so much for your offer and the stallion looks awesome. He'll be perfect to start to start a breeding program. (Now does anyone have any mares lol!). I will definately take him, how would I do that though? Thank-you so much for all the training you've done with him!

Eternally grateful,
Courtney lol! :lol:
Courtney

Postby Alana » Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:54 pm

well not done yet lol, need to level him to so you can event him so let me know if hes to be dressage or jumping or whatever you want :D and you just place a bid of 0 on him and I will send him over once level training is complete, heres the link just click it lol and bid 0 :lol:

http://www.virtualhorseranch.com/viewho ... rse=231473

and also hes Cremellor right now so let me know if you want him dyed any other colour and I will try and fix it for you :D
Alana

Postby Courtney » Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:18 am

Ummm I'm not quite sure what to put him him, but I was thinking endurance or jumping. How do you tell what to put them in? Is there a chart of something that will help you decide the best one for your horse?

Dyeing him would be awesome too! I was thinking if possible maybe black. If you were keeping him though what would you dye him? :?:

I'm so excited to get him lol!
:lol: Courtney
Courtney

Postby Alana » Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:13 pm

Hmm I would dy him black to lol :D gonna try and get a hold of the color for you soon, and a trakky is Warmblood so they get a bonus in Dressage, a small bonus in Showjumping and Foxhunting, Dressage is mostly determend by Intelligence, Movement and Strenght, her parents are also Dressage horses so that might be the way to go but she might also do well as a Showjumper or a 3-day eventer :D
Alana

Postby Courtney » Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:46 am

Ok well then lets go with the black for the color, if you are able to, and for the stat leveling, dressage sounds good! :D

Thanx,
Courtney :lol:
Courtney

Postby Maryam Ovaci » Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:30 am

What bonuses do wild types get, if any?
The Zebra Mafia. Join the Family; Join the Club.
Maryam Ovaci

Postby kesquivalerian » Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:35 am

Maryam Ovaci wrote:What bonuses do wild types get, if any?

Regrettably, I don't believe they get any.
Sorry I've not been around - having 100+ animals in REAL life does that to you.
kesquivalerian

Postby Maryam Ovaci » Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:47 am

Hey Kes, are you training today?
The Zebra Mafia. Join the Family; Join the Club.
Maryam Ovaci

Return to Questions/Support