PRO PICS? came from HL and want to know.....

Have a technical question you can't find the answer to in FAQ's? Ask it here. Game problem questions that do NOT pertain to things like training advice, what would my horse do well in, how much is it worth.

does VHR have pro pic makers?

yes
86%
no
14%

Total votes : 29

PRO PICS? came from HL and want to know.....

Postby *horse*breeder* » Sun May 14, 2006 8:09 pm

do people buy pro pics on this game? if so, how much would they cost/what should i charge? i have an example on my horse Go baby Go
*horse*breeder*

Postby kesquivalerian » Mon May 15, 2006 1:31 am

People do buy personal pics on here, and the cost varies on the skill of the person selling them. Please avoid calling them 'pro' (as in professional) pictures unless you actually do art for a real-world living.

People will pay a lot less for a photograph stolen off of a website that's just had text slapped across it; people will pay a lot more for a custom drawn or digitally painted image done specifically for one horse.

I can't see your example - a link to the horse would be good.

Also, just in case you don't know already, this is for everyone's information: finding photographs on Google and using them for horse pictures is considered theft - it can be a violation of copyright if you don't have permission to use the picture from the original owner of the photo, and it is a theft of bandwidth (which costs money) from the website owner if you just plug the image link into your horse's image box.
Sorry I've not been around - having 100+ animals in REAL life does that to you.
kesquivalerian

Postby jupiterdjinni » Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:32 pm

:shock: Using photos from google is considered theft??? Wow. *goes to take pics off horses*
jupiterdjinni

Postby kesquivalerian » Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:57 am

jupiterdjinni wrote::shock: Using photos from google is considered theft??? Wow. *goes to take pics off horses*

Yes - because the photos are not 'from Google' - they are photos from individual people's websites, which Google, as a search engine, has archived links to.

And because individuals own websites and have to pay to maintain them - and they own their photos, and often have to pay to have had them created - using either of those resources without permission is stealing.
kesquivalerian

Postby Mystic_Horse » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:23 pm

Even if you use alot of pics and through them together (personal pic, not just with text) they are considered theft?! Ack I've got to get drawing!!!! :shock:
Mystic_Horse

Postby kesquivalerian » Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:53 pm

Mystic_Horse wrote:Even if you use alot of pics and through them together (personal pic, not just with text) they are considered theft?! Ack I've got to get drawing!!!! :shock:

Yup - just like if you took a bunch of cars out of a car dealership and took 'em apart to construct 'em into one car. The individual parts are still not yours to use without permission.

Of course, if you ask permission from the photograph owner and they give it, then you are allowed to use it in the way that the photograph owner allows.
kesquivalerian

Postby jazzer01 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:39 pm

ok so let me get this straight i cant put any google pictures on my horses? because on the FAQ it says to get a picture to go to google? so is that wrong to?
http://www.virtualhorseranch.com/viewra ... anch=90037

[IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y45/MegMAC098/Jazzer.png[img]
jazzer01

Postby kesquivalerian » Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:11 am

jazzer01 wrote:ok so let me get this straight i cant put any google pictures on my horses? because on the FAQ it says to get a picture to go to google? so is that wrong to?

Actually, the FAQ does NOT say to go to Google... it says the following:

To add an image to your horse, highlight the location of the image (Click in the address bar, or right-click on the image and select the location). Copy this using (Ctrl-C), then paste it (Ctrl-V) into the “Image URL” box on your horse – be careful not to paste it into the name box! Once pasted, click “Add/Change Image”.
However, if you are using a photograph or drawing you’ve found on the Internet, instead of a picture or photo you created yourself, you MUST ask permission to use the photograph from its owner before you use it, and you should download the image to your own computer and upload it to a free image hosting site like http://tinypic.com before using it. That way, you’re not infringing copyright, which makes artists and photographers happy – and follows the rules in VHR’s Terms of Service.
kesquivalerian

Postby Goat » Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:55 am

8) i do custom pics
send all contracts here: 216422
Goat

Location: hiding in lawnbeavers hair while beating summer with a deer's fifth leg and throwing eggs at sayla

Postby jazzer01 » Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:42 pm

I know I looked after I posted and saw that so do we need to take the pictures off for our horses?
http://www.virtualhorseranch.com/viewra ... anch=90037

[IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y45/MegMAC098/Jazzer.png[img]
jazzer01

Postby countrygal68 » Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:07 pm

If your horses have pictures you found on Google or another search engine, it would be in your best interest to take them off. :wink:
Unless otherwise posted, all images used in my art are stock from http://www.morguefile.com
countrygal68

Postby Equinus_92 » Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:28 am

this site:

http://www.sxc.hu

the photos on here are UN-COPYRIGHETD.... thats where i get mine
Equinus_92

Postby Princess_Thunder » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:57 pm

So were do you find a pic to use?
Princess_Thunder

Postby Horselover2621 » Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:15 pm

Goat wrote:8) i do custom pics
will you make me one please?
(':boogie:')
Horselover2621

Postby Tala of Black Magick » Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:03 pm

*Spins in her non-spinning chair*
Countrygal has a stock photo site listed in the Artist's Corner, seeing as how this has been bumped up. >.>
A R T [ C L O S E D ]Image
Tala of Black Magick

Location: In Free's Dulce Purse messing with her Chihuahua's ears OR nesting in Silver's hair. x3

Next

Return to Questions/Support