Auctioning by mistake??!

Have a technical question you can't find the answer to in FAQ's? Ask it here. Game problem questions that do NOT pertain to things like training advice, what would my horse do well in, how much is it worth.

If someone wanted a horse back that they sold you at auction by "mistake", would you sell it back to them?

Yes. It was only an accident.
14%
No way! I bought it fair and square.
40%
Only if I thought the "accident" really happened because they had proof.
46%

Total votes : 35

Auctioning by mistake??!

Postby Aljan4375 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:08 pm

I've got another odd question. I won a wonderful soon-to-be broodmare TB at an auction, during which the bidding was furious down to the last minute (quite literally). Since then, I have gotten an message from the "owner", claiming that she "auctioned the horse by mistake", and that after she's done having the foal I have since bred, she "would like me to sell her back for the purchase price". She sent me a bid for the exact purchase price, which I deleted. She claims she was "busy while the bidding was going on, so she couldn't outbid anyone".

She has no other TB's (10 Decendents of Mar'O'War in her stable, but not one TB) and no other horses in her stable that have competed at the level of this mare, so I am reluctant to believe her claim. I really wanted this mare and am also very reluctant to sell the mare back.

Does this sound legitimate to anyone here? And even if it is, would YOU sell her back?! Is it even possible to auction a horse by mistake? I know I haven't ever done it... and I find it really suspicious that I get this E-mail only after some really competitive bidding, you know?

Thanks to all who reply.

~ Amanda @ Aljan
Aljan4375

Postby ShadowsAngel » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:16 pm

I wouldnt sell her back. You won the horse fair and square. :lol: There IS a way to accidently auction a horse...like if you put the wrong one in.
ShadowsAngel

Postby *~shorty~* » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:14 pm

if it was here on the forumn. I WOULDN'T sell the horse back. Because it's hard to make a mistake like that on here. and if it were on the game. I may consider it being a mistake. But I still wouldn't sell the horse back. They should just have been more careful
*~shorty~*

Postby Toddy » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:23 pm

I wouldn't sell the horse back if I really wanted it.
Toddy

Postby peacie » Mon May 01, 2006 6:45 am

Well speaking from experience, i have put a horse up for auction by mistake. I had 2 horses on the a/c and forget to change the name on the drop down menu. I was lucky and the very nice person that bought my stallion (ELC) allowed me to buy him back. I myself without hesitation would give the horse back even if it was a forum auction. Remember what goes around comes around and doing the right is in itself its own reward =).

-Whats for dinner?-
peacie

Postby Mystic_Horse » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:22 am

I wouldnt sell the horse back unless you have real proof she owned it. I have bought a really nice stud off of the auction before and a girl claimed she "accidently" put it up for auction. I sold it back to her for 10k, mind you this was almost a quad TB stallion :cry: , and later I found out she had nothing to do with the horse at all...so I would NOT sell it back to her, unless you had hard proof and I would up the price so she learns what could happen if you are clumsy and not paying attention. :wink:
Mystic_Horse

Postby Fearless Butterfly » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:29 am

um Mystic_Horse this was posted back in march so i think it would have being dealt with by now.
Fearless Butterfly

Location: In Butterfly Island - with all the pretty Butterfly Horses xD

Postby Aljan4375 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:56 am

Yes, the situation has been dealt with, but I appreciate the answer, nonetheless.

I *GAVE* the horse back to the idiot in question (I was about two steps from leaving the game, and I'm still about there, due to some really, really rude people here). She didn't even have the decency to THANK me... she was too busy being angry at me for being skeptical and putting her to the test.

I see that she's since SOLD the horse, probably for a pretty penny, too. Sooooooooooo the lesson I'm walking away with is that it doesn't pay to be nice to anyone here because they certainly won't be nice to you. :evil:
Anger is like
A full-hot horse, who being allow’d his way,
Self-mettle tires him.

William Shakespeare, King Henry VIII. ACT I Scene 1.
Aljan4375

Postby Dark eyed bird » Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:13 am

:shock: That was really rude of her!
Dark eyed bird

Postby Galadriel Fefalas » Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:07 am

Aljan4375 wrote: Sooooooooooo the lesson I'm walking away with is that it doesn't pay to be nice to anyone here because they certainly won't be nice to you. :evil:

I've noticed...
(excepting the people who are appreciative of what you do!)
Galadriel Fefalas

Postby Desert Fire » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:05 am

Happened to me too and I messaged the person who bought her and never had a response :(
Desert Fire

Postby Desert Fire » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:20 am

Happened to me too and I messaged the person who bought her and never had a response :(
Desert Fire

Postby Aljan4375 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:28 am

See, Desert, that's what really chapped my arse about the whole thing... how easy would it have been for me to race her (she's a racing TB in the 401K Club), make a LOT of $$$, breed her and make a lot MORE $$$ off of the nice foals, block the person from contacting me, and act like it never happened? You never know what you're going to find at auction, and sometimes, it's an unbelievable deal!

For doing the RIGHT thing, I had to deal with a lot of aggravation just to see if the person was legit, and still, no thank you? Forgive me for being skeptical, you know? If she thought I was giving her the 10th degree, she should see how stringent I am when placing foster dogs and cats in a new home! She should see how thorough I am when I screen show puppy people!!!! What I was asking of her was a piece of cake.

It's too bad the person that bought your horse didn't know that you're a really nice person and give you the benefit of the doubt like I did to a stranger... if I would have been the one that bought your horse, I'd have given it back to you in a snap! ... of course, that's because you've always been nice to me, even when a LOT of other people were not.

:::sigh::: What do you do?!?! (See why I use the quote in my sig line?)

~ Amanda @ Aljan
Anger is like
A full-hot horse, who being allow’d his way,
Self-mettle tires him.

William Shakespeare, King Henry VIII. ACT I Scene 1.
Aljan4375

Postby Desert Fire » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:32 am

Awww *hugs Amanda*

[hijack] What type of puppies?[/hijack]
Desert Fire

Postby ShadowsAngel » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:47 am

Aljan4375 wrote:See, Desert, that's what really chapped my arse about the whole thing... how easy would it have been for me to race her (she's a racing TB in the 401K Club), make a LOT of $$$, breed her and make a lot MORE $$$ off of the nice foals, block the person from contacting me, and act like it never happened? You never know what you're going to find at auction, and sometimes, it's an unbelievable deal!

For doing the RIGHT thing, I had to deal with a lot of aggravation just to see if the person was legit, and still, no thank you? Forgive me for being skeptical, you know? If she thought I was giving her the 10th degree, she should see how stringent I am when placing foster dogs and cats in a new home! She should see how thorough I am when I screen show puppy people!!!! What I was asking of her was a piece of cake.

It's too bad the person that bought your horse didn't know that you're a really nice person and give you the benefit of the doubt like I did to a stranger... if I would have been the one that bought your horse, I'd have given it back to you in a snap! ... of course, that's because you've always been nice to me, even when a LOT of other people were not.

:::sigh::: What do you do?!?! (See why I use the quote in my sig line?)

~ Amanda @ Aljan

That is why, I'm not nice, and I rarely if ever offer to help. Unless you are my friend or seem to be uber nice everywhere else...dont expect any help from me. I've had it bite me in the ass to many times. xD

Messeges sent to my ranch are answered very bluntly with usually one word, or just deleted. Same with forum pm's. I dont like being cussed out for trying to be nice/help/give money. :roll:
ShadowsAngel

Next

Return to Questions/Support