Question about photo manip priceing, please look and post!

Have a technical question you can't find the answer to in FAQ's? Ask it here. Game problem questions that do NOT pertain to things like training advice, what would my horse do well in, how much is it worth.

How good are my photo manips?

Very good!
6%
Good
6%
Okay
22%
Not very good
41%
Horible
25%

Total votes : 32

Question about photo manip priceing, please look and post!

Postby marycooper » Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:49 pm

Okay, I was wondering... How much would people be willing to pay for my photo manips? I'm horrible at priceing so I was wondering if you guys can give me some suggestions. Please post here what you think (and maybe even suggestions on how to improve them) they are worth. Thanks!

marycooper

Location: My house, the computer or my friend's house. Hmm...?

Postby marycooper » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:21 am

Come on, anybody? I need price ranges, the pole isn't what I'm looking for, that's just a side thing. PLEASE post what you think a photo manip/personel picture with the same quality of these would be worth! Thanks! :D
marycooper

Postby Alana » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:24 am

got no idea, dont do photomanips anymore, to much into the artsy tihngs ;)
Alana

Postby marycooper » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:28 am

Okay, Thanks anyways :D ... Anybody else? :idea: :?:
marycooper

Postby zip » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:25 pm

Well..there's the copyright issue..using pics with copyright...Also, it would be better if you faded an image into another, instead of just having two solid pictures. That's what a manip actually is.
zip

Postby marycooper » Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:34 pm

Yes, I try to use pics without a copy write but it's hard to know if they do have one and you can rarely find the right pics at a copyright-free/stock-photos site. Didn't know that, I thought photo manips were when you put photos together and edit/change them... Would it be more apropiate to call the personel pictures? Thanks for the tips on making them more like photo manips Zip :)
marycooper

Postby Silver Angel » Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:03 pm

Basically unless the site the photograph is on says that anyone can use it then you can't and shouldn't use it. As copyright is applied automaticly as soon as an image is made/photo taken. And there is no legal need for a copyright notice to be put on the image for it to be copyrighted. The copyright notice basicly makes it easier to prove who owns the photo and to put some people off stealing it. If you want to use an image just email the person whos site it is and ask them if they mind you using it. Don't forget to explian what you want to use it for. Most people will normally let you use an image.
Silver Angel

Postby marycooper » Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:49 pm

Okay, thanks :D *Starts wondering how to convince Mom to let her email tottal strangers about pics, lol!* I'll try that :)
marycooper

Postby horse2jump92 » Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:36 pm

[url]sxc.hu[/url]

is a royalty free image site... they arent copyrighted!
Cayuse Indian Ponies ROCK!:
[IMG]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a379/ktfotos/CIPRP.png
[/IMG]
horse2jump92

Postby kesquivalerian » Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:52 pm

horse2jump92 wrote:[url]sxc.hu[/url]

is a royalty free image site... they arent copyrighted!

Correction:

They ARE copyrighted ... but the copyright owners have allowed them to be used as stock photographs. You still can't claim copyright over something you've done using stock photos.
Sorry I've not been around - having 100+ animals in REAL life does that to you.
kesquivalerian

Postby LadyEdana » Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:07 pm

kesquivalerian wrote: You still can't claim copyright over something you've done using stock photos.

Correction again.... You can claim copyright on the image YOU have done with stock images, you just have to give credit to the stock images and any other requirements they may place on their stock, such as use in specific area/places, certain types of manipulation, etc.
~Lady Edana Rose
Artist, Musician, Horse Lover
LadyEdana

Postby Lemour » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:28 pm

I think your pics are wonderful! Better than mine...you should sell them for like 10k to 30k. ~|R|
Lemour

Postby Pheonee » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:04 am

They're a bit...boring right now. Try cutting out the subjects from the images, and overlaying a few textures (does WONDERS). What program do you use?
Well that was random. - Toph
Pheonee

Return to Questions/Support