Re Image copyright rules

Have a technical question you can't find the answer to in FAQ's? Ask it here. Game problem questions that do NOT pertain to things like training advice, what would my horse do well in, how much is it worth.

Re Image copyright rules

Postby Odette » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:12 pm

Since I cannot reply to the original topic, I'll post my question here...

I'd like to know what we have to do for the paid stock images we use. I have some images from shutterstock & a couple of other stock images websites that I'd like to use, but don't understand how I should credit the artist, most of the times I don't really know the original artist (ussr postcards).
Odette

Re: Re Image copyright rules

Postby Kholran » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:33 pm

The copyright holder is the person who uploaded the image, and that person gets the credit. On Shutterstock, when you click on an image to get the details, you'll see Image ID, Copyright, and Release Information (where applicable) listed right above the Download button. Credit should be given to the user listed under Copyright. For example this image should be credited (C) IgorGolovniov @ Shutterstock. Just be sure to keep your payment receipts so that, if an image is ever called into question, you can provide proof of payment for the image, and be sure to continue to follow the photographer's rules- for example, even if you paid for that image posted above, you would not be allowed to profit from anything you make with it because the use is non-commercial only.

I'm not sure which other sites you used, but they should list similar information.
Kholran
Time Lord

Re: Re Image copyright rules

Postby Odette » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:05 am

All my paid images were for personal use only, I don't sell art anyways... The problem is that I have transfered them to my hard disk, so I'll have to search the artist through the possible websites, lets hope that I remember correctly... As for the receipts, I also hope that are somewhere in my e-mail inbox, or I'll ask for copies...
Thanks for your reply :)

EDIT: shutterstock receipts are stored in your account info :D
Odette

Return to Questions/Support