Breed question

Have a technical question you can't find the answer to in FAQ's? Ask it here. Game problem questions that do NOT pertain to things like training advice, what would my horse do well in, how much is it worth.

Breed question

Postby Diviira » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:41 pm

I've got mostly baroque horses (andalusians and war landers in the game) and from reading online when I was getting into warlanders (Andalusian/Frisian crossing) you would still get a warlander if you bred (warlander/andalusian or warlander/friesian)

I have 2 grade horses that were crossed onto the appropriate parentage to get a warlander but ended up grade. Is there a way that can be changed since in real life that's what the resulting foal would be instead of a crossbreed or grade horse?

Diviira

Re: Breed question

Postby Hawk » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:53 pm

Real life breeding crosses are not always the same in VHR. That is why we have the Cross breeding chart in game to see what results you will end up with. It does list both of those crosses as resulting in a grade horse.

There is also a Cross breed list here on the forums that will show you a few of the known combinations for a specific breed.

I would also note that all newer breeds added in the last couple years can not be cross bred and will always result in grades if crossed to something else.
Hawk
Featherless Op with Pink Hoody & Bunny slippers.

Postby Diviira » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:46 pm

alrighty thought i'd ask. one other question i had is on a foal i bred i forgot to add my farm initials after the name since i was copy/pasting it. can that be added or is it set in stone?
Diviira

Postby Hawk » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:46 am

All name change requirements can be found in this Name change thread in the FAQ section.

Initials are considered brands, which do not qualify for name changes.
Hawk
Featherless Op with Pink Hoody & Bunny slippers.

Return to Questions/Support