That dern Chat

Have a technical question you can't find the answer to in FAQ's? Ask it here. Game problem questions that do NOT pertain to things like training advice, what would my horse do well in, how much is it worth.

That dern Chat

Postby FrostKitten » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:06 pm

So, I've been over a couple threads, and I don't think this problem is covered. I am honestly not even sure what the problem is >.> I got my Java settings so it'll run, I've never had this happen before. But now, once Java asks me if it's alright to run and I tell it yes, it just sits there.

I click "connect" and it does nothing. :sob:

I thought about downloading mIrc, but I don't want to download a bunch of stuff when Chrome insists on going boom every once in a while. Has anyone had this issue and found a way around it?

Windows 8, Chrome.
FrostKitten

Re: That dern Chat

Postby Prancer » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:53 am

FrostKitten wrote:So, I've been over a couple threads, and I don't think this problem is covered. I am honestly not even sure what the problem is >.> I got my Java settings so it'll run, I've never had this happen before. But now, once Java asks me if it's alright to run and I tell it yes, it just sits there.

I thought about downloading mIrc, but I don't want to download a bunch of stuff when Chrome insists on going boom every once in a while. Has anyone had this issue and found a way around it?

Windows 8, Chrome.

Eh Java can be a funny thing. I get 'updates' every single day on my laptop telling me Java needs updated. I 'update' and it goes 'Java has not been updated, try again later' blah blah blah. So I give up now and update it when I feel like it. :P

Try mirc, I cant see why chrome would effect it to be honest. Mirc runs independently to an internet browser so it shouldnt be affected by it. :) There is a guide to getting mirc to work in tips and tricks if you have issues with it. :)
Image <-- Phanty & Prancy = Slytherin buddies :twisted:
Prancer

Postby quasarsmom » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:31 am

Prancer wrote:
FrostKitten wrote:So, I've been over a couple threads, and I don't think this problem is covered. I am honestly not even sure what the problem is >.> I got my Java settings so it'll run, I've never had this happen before. But now, once Java asks me if it's alright to run and I tell it yes, it just sits there.

Windows 8, Chrome.

Eh Java can be a funny thing. I get 'updates' every single day on my laptop telling me Java needs updated. I 'update' and it goes 'Java has not been updated, try again later' blah blah blah. So I give up now and update it when I feel like it. :P

Try mirc, I cant see why chrome would effect it to be honest. Mirc runs independently to an internet browser so it shouldnt be affected by it. :) There is a guide to getting mirc to work in tips and tricks if you have issues with it. :)

Your best bet to update Java is to do a clean install of the program.

I get the same issues periodically, and reinstalling works like a charm. :D
PURE Sales List PURE Champion Stud/Brood Ranch Stud/Brood Ranch PB/Goodie List
Specializing in the pure, non inbred eventers of VHR!
Optimus Prime for President!
If you seek to master others, you must first master yourself. -Mercedes Lackey
quasarsmom

Postby Prancer » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:16 pm

quasarsmom wrote:
Prancer wrote:

Windows 8, Chrome.

Your best bet to update Java is to do a clean install of the program.

I get the same issues periodically, and reinstalling works like a charm. :D

Yeah thats what I do when I can be bothered, but then the stupid thing breaks the next day and needs 'updating' again, so it just gets properly done every so often. :P
Image <-- Phanty & Prancy = Slytherin buddies :twisted:
Prancer

Postby Zimmy » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:59 am

Prancer wrote:
Yeah thats what I do when I can be bothered, but then the stupid thing breaks the next day and needs 'updating' again, so it just gets properly done every so often. :P

:yes:

This is why I finally made the switch to mirc, the frequency of needing 'updates' just got silly.
Zimmy

Postby Jellybeanjoe » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:53 pm

Mibbit may be the way to go if you don't want to download mIRC just yet.

www.mibbit.com
Launch App (so you don't need an account)
Server: WikkedWire
Channel: #VHR

It's a browser based chat program :)
Jingle bells, Dragon smells! Christmas in July is here!
Jellybeanjoe
Wibbly Wobbly Op

Postby FrostKitten » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:57 pm

Thanks for the advice, everyone :) It's good to have a bunch of solutions to try.
FrostKitten

Return to Questions/Support