Desktop suddenly cant connect to VHR

Have a technical question you can't find the answer to in FAQ's? Ask it here. Game problem questions that do NOT pertain to things like training advice, what would my horse do well in, how much is it worth.

Desktop suddenly cant connect to VHR

Postby Aniara » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:22 am

Currently writing this from my phone. I have cleared cache and cookies, played with my DNS settings etc. but still cant connect to VHR suddenly from my desktop like on monday I could.Then I wasnt able to do so since tuesday. No matter which browser I use, it says "cant connect to virtualhorseranch.com". What can I do?
I am no longer able to play the game due to real life commitments. I would like to thank all my friends for the past 11 years on VHR. xx
Aniara

Re: Desktop suddenly cant connect to VHR

Postby Jellybeanjoe » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:01 am

A known problem. Nothing we can do, as it's totally out of our hands. But here's what Nef had to say:

From VHR's hosting company:

We have been receiving reports that many of our customers are unable to access their sites that are housed in our West Coast Datacenter. Upon investigation we have discovered that the issue is not within our own network, but along one of the larger backbone providers. This means that other hosting companies and ISPs are also experiencing the same issue.
Details

As of around 7AM EDT, routers on the Savvis network leading to the west coast went offline. This may affect other hosting companies and Internet Service Providers (ISPs) where internet traffic uses that backbone service to access the west coast. Savvis is currently working to resolve the issue and restore routing services as soon as possible.

Update: As of 2pm EDT services have yet to be restored.
Jingle bells, Dragon smells! Christmas in July is here!
Jellybeanjoe
Wibbly Wobbly Op

Re: Desktop suddenly cant connect to VHR

Postby Aniara » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:05 am

Thank you Jelly! I guess all I can do is wait.
I am no longer able to play the game due to real life commitments. I would like to thank all my friends for the past 11 years on VHR. xx
Aniara

Return to Questions/Support