Anyone else lagging?

Have a technical question you can't find the answer to in FAQ's? Ask it here. Game problem questions that do NOT pertain to things like training advice, what would my horse do well in, how much is it worth.

Anyone else lagging?

Postby SeventhSanctum » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:21 am

I've been noticing lag spikes on the game for the past couple of days.
This is the only site that i'm lagging on, and i'm wondering if anyone else is having the same issues?

I've also been having issues where pages time out and don't load during lag spikes :/
*EDIT* My internet connection is fine for upload/download speed so I don't understand what is happening.
SeventhSanctum

Re: Anyone else lagging?

Postby freedom_seeker » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:23 am

I have been too, but my internet in my town is poo anyways so I thought that was the issue.
freedom_seeker

Postby Twisted » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:51 pm

I noticed also, but once again, my connection isnt the best so I thought it was just me xD
SAMCRO WB train off!6/5/16 - everyone see last post! competition might be cancelled!
Lots of cheap semen/stallions at stud new/struggling players pay $5k for most breedings!
Twisted's Brood mares! drastic discounts offered for new/struggling players! PM me for specific details!
baby Kendallynn is here <3 new pics up Jan 2016! albums are password protected - password is 100820
100820 (main) | 449016 (secondary) | 550144 (studs) | 527967 (holding)
Twisted

Postby SeventhSanctum » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:06 pm

My connection is fine to anything else.
I've scanned, drafragged, cleared cookies and cache - Everything I can possibly think of and the issue still remains D:
It seems to lighten up after everyone else has gone to bed, but it's still iffy sometimes.
SeventhSanctum

Postby SeventhSanctum » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:48 am

Timing out has become connection to the server was reset o.O

ARGH! This is really starting to frustrate :lol:
SeventhSanctum

Postby Twisted » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:14 am

do you remember when the game was so busy that NOTHING would load, and Nef would put up "sponsor only" time for a few hours a day?

...that was VHR right? I believe so, because I believe I remember being a novice in chat complaining about not being able to play...or maybe it was something else, it was so long ago lol
SAMCRO WB train off!6/5/16 - everyone see last post! competition might be cancelled!
Lots of cheap semen/stallions at stud new/struggling players pay $5k for most breedings!
Twisted's Brood mares! drastic discounts offered for new/struggling players! PM me for specific details!
baby Kendallynn is here <3 new pics up Jan 2016! albums are password protected - password is 100820
100820 (main) | 449016 (secondary) | 550144 (studs) | 527967 (holding)
Twisted

Postby Alabama » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:56 am

Twisted wrote:do you remember when the game was so busy that NOTHING would load, and Nef would put up "sponsor only" time for a few hours a day?

...that was VHR right? I believe so, because I believe I remember being a novice in chat complaining about not being able to play...or maybe it was something else, it was so long ago lol

Yes, it was. I've not been experiencing any lag, let alone page timeouts but if I'm not actively playing when it's noticed, I probably wouldn't notice it. I would venture to say if more people were experiencing it and reporting it, it'd be VHR problem. However, we haven't had nearly the activity as when sponsor time was necessary, so don't think the problem is activity unless there's people once again auto rolling a bunch of horses very quickly. Next time you experience lag, maybe try beeping an Op in main to see if they are having lag problems. If so, they can relay to Nef so she can check the logs and see if there was high activity during that time or if there was a server problem.

Would also help to know what you were trying to do when you tell the Op.
Alabama

Postby SeventhSanctum » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:07 am

It usually just happens when I try to do anything. Be it training, tacking, eventing a horse, browsing the forums - etc.

It usually slows down when everyone in the US is sleeping (Which is around 6ish at night for me, onwards) but during my daytimes, I try to avoid activity now, but next time it happens i'll let someone know :P
SeventhSanctum

Return to Questions/Support