Bonuses quickly explained

Have a technical question you can't find the answer to in FAQ's? Ask it here. Game problem questions that do NOT pertain to things like training advice, what would my horse do well in, how much is it worth.

Bonuses quickly explained

Postby Alabama » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:36 pm

Bonuses can be chosen every time you hit five levels, so at levels 5, 10, 15 etc. You get one choice for every five levels.

You must choose one of the first five bonuses in the list before you can choose any of the higher levels.

Each of the first level bonuses have a "set" of 5th level and higher bonuses that it "unlocks" to choose, so unless you have all five of the first level bonuses chosen, you will not get all of the higher levels unlocked, only that set which goes with the first level selection. So I would suggest that before you choose, you look at all of the options by clicking on read more. First level bonuses cannot be changed at this time, so once you pick it, it's yours.

Colors? The colors Nef has posted is for firefox, which is the recommended browser for VHR, so if you don't run firefox, the colors may be different. For IE, the red is correct, but for selected bonuses, the color is bright green and for bonuses available to you, the color is dark green.

Super Studs is focused on studs for those ranches who's main goal is putting studs up for the public and opens up further bonuses in this group.
Money Grubber is for those folks who's main purpose on VHR is to make money and opens further bonuses for those who don't like to give a dollar and want as much as they can.
Better Breeder is for breeding ranches who want the best foals out there and opens up further bonuses to this end.
Tenacious Trainer is for training ranches who only want to turn out the best trained horses and opens up further bonuses in the same family.

You can spend all five points to select the first set of bonuses, or you can choose to specialize and move on to the second set of bonuses that are available after you have selected one of the first set and have at least 5 levels. Likewise, you must pick a bonus from the second set in order to open up or unlock the third set of bonuses that are available after you reach level 10, then again for level 20 etc.

With the exception of the first set of bonuses, you can remove a bonus to select another, however, it will cost. And each time you change your mind, it will cost more.

There is a current cap, but that may be lifted/extended in the future... I know I've forgotten something, but maybe this will help a bit.

Oh yeah, you gain experience and levels through breeding, training and eventing. Nef installed a nice little bar that tells you how far you have to go to the next level.
Last edited by Alabama on Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alabama

Postby dpj » Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:10 am

Why can novices only get a select few of the bonuses?
dpj

Location: Sleeping in Tala's pocket with a crop to keep Jack from disturbing meh. XD 0.0 lol

Postby Rain » Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:29 am

dpj wrote:Why can novices only get a select few of the bonuses?

I'm guessing this is the answer:

Sponsors pay to play, therefore sponsors get more perks.
ImageImage
Rain

Postby Chione » Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:44 am

What's the current level cap?
Chione

Postby Twit » Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:45 am

Chione wrote:What's the current level cap?

^.^ Click Me to go to Lou's Foundy Ranch of Doom!
Twit

Postby Chione » Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:58 am

Twit wrote:
Chione wrote:What's the current level cap?

That was Chio's guess.
Chione

Postby Alabama » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:09 am

Novices can have access for up to 5 bonuses of any level, assuming they meet the prerequisites. Like was said before, sponsors pay to play and support the game, so they get more perks.
Alabama

Postby passionfruit » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:30 am

Thanks for the info, although Im still going to take a while to get used to it lol, like the big layout change days, its like "whuut?" :giggle:
passionfruit

Postby Coalition Ranch 2ËS » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:53 am

I chose my bonuses, but they are written in green instead of grey. Is there any way I can fix this? There is no remove button there either.
Now known as Viper on the forums.
Coalition Ranch 2ËS

Postby Coffee » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:55 am

>.> Hmm I must have missed this when I was away...but me thinks I have it figured out.
Coffee

Postby livelifelow » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:01 am

So if we get the million experience points to get to level 51 what will happen?
livelifelow

Postby Broodmare_paint » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:06 am

Coalition Ranch 2ËS wrote:I chose my bonuses, but they are written in green instead of grey. Is there any way I can fix this? There is no remove button there either.

Alabama wrote:First level bonuses cannot be changed at this time, so once you pick it, it's yours.

Colors? The colors Nef has posted is for firefox, which is the recommended browser for VHR, so if you don't run firefox, the colors may be different. For IE, the red is correct, but for selected bonuses, the color is bright green and for bonuses available to you, the color is dark green.

With the exception of the first set of bonuses, you can remove a bonus to select another, however, it will cost. And each time you change your mind, it will cost more.

How about we read the entire post so we don't drive bama nuts? :wink:
Broodmare_paint

Location: In the freezer of course...close eet! Your letting the warm get in. <.<

Postby Coalition Ranch 2ËS » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:10 am

Broodmare_paint wrote:
Coalition Ranch 2ËS wrote:I chose my bonuses, but they are written in green instead of grey. Is there any way I can fix this? There is no remove button there either.

Alabama wrote:First level bonuses cannot be changed at this time, so once you pick it, it's yours.

How about we read the entire post so we don't drive bama nuts? :wink:

I was on my way to religion instructions when I asked the question so I did not have enough time to read the whole post. But I already got the answer so I left it alone. :)
Now known as Viper on the forums.
Coalition Ranch 2ËS

Postby Alabama » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:59 am

livelifelow wrote:So if we get the million experience points to get to level 51 what will happen?

Are you there yet? I honestly don't know, but I'll try to remember to ask Nef next time I see her.
Alabama

Postby livelifelow » Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:04 pm

Alabama wrote:
livelifelow wrote:So if we get the million experience points to get to level 51 what will happen?

Are you there yet? I honestly don't know, but I'll try to remember to ask Nef next time I see her.

I'm about 1mil in experience points away, but I figured I'd ask now rather than getting there only to be shot back to the begining of level 50 again. Thanks for asking Nef next time you see her.
livelifelow

Next

Return to Questions/Support