FAQ Answer: No we dont delete accounts

Have a technical question you can't find the answer to in FAQ's? Ask it here. Game problem questions that do NOT pertain to things like training advice, what would my horse do well in, how much is it worth.

FAQ Answer: No we dont delete accounts

Postby Nefertete » Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:11 pm

can you delete my account?
Never have, never will.

I do not delete accounts for obvious reasons so please do not ask me as its one of those mood triggers...

If I deleted accounts, besides game unstability, why would I have the additional account rules at all?

When you create your 3 ranches, thats your 3, no 'restarts'. Create 4 and start to get in the redzone... following the rules can keep you somewhat safe.

5 accounts we suspend... all your accounts, create another, loose access to the site, especially if you broke additional rules. Your history is saved if you break a rule and if not caught right away, you will be caught sooner than later.

Help keep VHR free for those whom cant enjoy a sponsor for what ever reasons, and follow the rules, and thank you for playing :) I will post more common support issues, this one just needed to be mentioned.
Nefertete
Game Owner

But...

Postby aka_Morgana » Mon Jul 26, 2004 5:43 pm

you surely must delete them for inactivity after a while, I'm presuming? I ask because I was a sponsor last year and had 3 accounts. I wasn't online to play for around 6-8 months and since coming back I've noticed that those accounts are completely gone, as are the horses that the accounts held. So, is there an inactivity limit we should be aware of?

Thanks,
Morgana
aka_Morgana

Postby FreeFallin » Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:03 pm

they were probably lost when the site went down earlier this year (it was january right?? i dont remember) but all data was lost.
Don't fear the wolf, but the wild within.
FreeFallin

Wow

Postby aka_Morgana » Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:08 pm

Good heavens, that's must have been a bad day for many people I bet! Thanks for the info - now I know what happened.

Morgana
aka_Morgana

Postby FreeFallin » Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:10 pm

no problem >< and yes, it was a bad day. LOL, the site was down for a while, and i had just payed for my sponser accont as well :( oh well, things are back up and running again
Don't fear the wolf, but the wild within.
FreeFallin

Postby aka_Morgana » Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:12 pm

Ouch! (fingers crossed it doesn't happen again any time soon!) lol
aka_Morgana

Postby Emerald Green » Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:01 am

It shouldn't. Nef takes regular backups now. When the server keeled over a month or so ago, everything got back up just fine. :)
Emerald Green

Postby aka_Morgana » Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:46 pm

Awesome! Nef is the best. :D
aka_Morgana

Postby Pegasii » Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:48 pm

Hmmm... 3 accounts... Does that mean my sister and I can have one or two accounts each or three accounts each?

Also, out of curiosity, what happens when your account is suspended?
Last edited by Pegasii on Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pegasii

Postby marycooper » Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:31 am

Sometimes my friends log on at my house to check their accounts... Would that make it seem like their accounts are mine?
marycooper

Location: My house, the computer or my friend's house. Hmm...?

Postby Missy_Breeder » Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:08 pm

No, not if you have different email addresses.

Anyway, I don't think so. Cause I used my 3 accounts, and then my brother made one on the same computer, but used his email address, and we never got in trouble
Missy_Breeder

Postby Missy_Breeder » Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:08 pm

No, not if you have different email addresses.

Anyway, I don't think so. Cause I used my 3 accounts, and then my brother made one on the same computer, but used his email address, and we never got in trouble :D
Missy_Breeder

Postby feline** » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:22 am

Okay well what about this:
Me and my sister share a couple email addresses, and we both take out accounts on them. So obviously some of them are going to look like one person took out like 6, 7 accounts, which we didnt.

And also, if you give your account to someone, does it still count as being yours?
feline**

Postby tennarab » Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:55 pm

Not deleting accounts.

Well, what can be done about non playing people and I mean players that haven't been on for over a year?

It is getting soooo annoying when you want to use a stallion and when you go to breed your mare the horse needs a turn and when you go to the ranch to see when the last time the person was online they haven't been for quite a long time.

Maybe there would be a way to retire these ranches without deleting them - something like the retirement facility for the horses??? They could be re-accessed with a letter to admin.
tennarab

Postby blackstone13 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:19 pm

How many additional accounts are sponsors allowed?
blackstone13

Next

Return to Questions/Support