How not to be a sucker - PLEASE READ

READ HERE FOR FULL FORUM ACCESS. Frequently asked questions and answers. All rules and terms of service for virtual horse ranch apply here, to view them, please check http://www.virtualhorseranch.com/tos.php

Postby countrygal68 » Sat May 12, 2007 4:55 pm

Phantomoftheopera98 wrote:I think 'little kids' are the ones in most need of learning spelling and grammar. I am at a university institution, and someone in my ENGLISH CURRICULUM class was writing on the whiteboard saying "coz" "sum1", e.t.c. The funny thing was that when she came to spelling 'real' words, she was incorrect.
Personally, even spelling things like 'bus, and 'phone without the ' is distressing. These words are all short for things- OMNIbus, TELEphone, AEROplane e.t.c. It's quite incorrect to spell these or any other similar words without a '.

I never really thought about spelling those words with the apostrophe before. I guess it depends on the way one was taught. I knew the words' longer forms, but I always saw the short form as a separate word.

*feels enlightened*

Well, this is quite the helpful thread. XD
Unless otherwise posted, all images used in my art are stock from http://www.morguefile.com
countrygal68

Postby Phantomoftheopera98 » Sat May 12, 2007 6:02 pm

Learn something new everyday, eh? That is certainly the correct spelling in terms of the Queen's English, but only used in the most correct circles today.
Phantomoftheopera98

Postby Phantom Thief Dark » Sun May 13, 2007 10:40 am

countrygal68 wrote:
Phantomoftheopera98 wrote:I think 'little kids' are the ones in most need of learning spelling and grammar. I am at a university institution, and someone in my ENGLISH CURRICULUM class was writing on the whiteboard saying "coz" "sum1", e.t.c. The funny thing was that when she came to spelling 'real' words, she was incorrect.
Personally, even spelling things like 'bus, and 'phone without the ' is distressing. These words are all short for things- OMNIbus, TELEphone, AEROplane e.t.c. It's quite incorrect to spell these or any other similar words without a '.

I never really thought about spelling those words with the apostrophe before. I guess it depends on the way one was taught. I knew the words' longer forms, but I always saw the short form as a separate word.

*feels enlightened*

True that :lol:
Phantom Thief Dark

Location: Running around chat... perverting future gutter minds

Postby Lucky » Sun May 13, 2007 11:26 am

Phantom Thief Dark wrote:
countrygal68 wrote:

*feels enlightened*

True that :lol:

:lol:
Lucky

Postby HorseyChik » Wed May 23, 2007 3:42 am

i am so stupid :oops: i have been scammed by this person, her ranch number is 284581. she sold me 2 goody dyes for 850k each. at the time i didn't realise how much they are really worth! now i have am 1.7 million dollars lesser in my bank account which leaves me with like 170k! can you do something? :oops: :oops:
WANTED: i want a goodie dye! please pm me!

HorseyChik

Postby alexandragurelstuds » Wed May 23, 2007 6:59 am

Yeah, it's annoying. Some people entered UNMAXXED horse in my club that clearly says MAXXED. I said, "Please Don't. That horse is not extraordinary. It won't improve the breed" and guess what the person replied: "But it's the first horse on my ranch!" and i said "That doesn't make it anything special. Entering it in my club will cause people to breed to it, and make the arabian breed worse".... AARGH!!!! :x :x :x :evil:

Oh, and with my custom coloured horse: I put a thing on my layout, saying: Don't message me for a private breeding unless you can afford it.
Next Day: "Uh, can i have a private breeding, how much is it?"
Annoyed me: "5 million."
"Uh, that's expensive, why is it so expensive?"
Me: "So people won't over breed."
"But i won't! I'll only breed 5 mares a week!"
Exasparated me: "that's a lot. I have had this colour for 3 months, there are 5 in the colour. In a month with your plan, there will be up to 25."
"But that's not a lot!"
UH! There should be a "read this before you enter the site" VHR value guide where you have to answer questions to show you understand....
alexandragurelstuds

Postby countrygal68 » Wed May 23, 2007 7:34 pm

alexandragurelstuds wrote:Yeah, it's annoying. Some people entered UNMAXXED horse in my club that clearly says MAXXED. I said, "Please Don't. That horse is not extraordinary. It won't improve the breed" and guess what the person replied: "But it's the first horse on my ranch!" and i said "That doesn't make it anything special. Entering it in my club will cause people to breed to it, and make the arabian breed worse".... AARGH!!!! :x :x :x :evil:

Oh, and with my custom coloured horse: I put a thing on my layout, saying: Don't message me for a private breeding unless you can afford it.
Exasparated me: "that's a lot. I have had this colour for 3 months, there are 5 in the colour. In a month with your plan, there will be up to 25."
"But that's not a lot!"
UH! There should be a "read this before you enter the site" VHR value guide where you have to answer questions to show you understand....

Wait, what does that have to do with not being a sucker? o_O
Unless otherwise posted, all images used in my art are stock from http://www.morguefile.com
countrygal68

Postby Lucky » Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:05 am

countrygal68 wrote:
alexandragurelstuds wrote:Yeah, it's annoying. Some people entered UNMAXXED horse in my club that clearly says MAXXED. I said, "Please Don't. That horse is not extraordinary. It won't improve the breed" and guess what the person replied: "But it's the first horse on my ranch!" and i said "That doesn't make it anything special. Entering it in my club will cause people to breed to it, and make the arabian breed worse".... AARGH!!!! :x :x :x :evil:

"But that's not a lot!"

Yeah, what she said. Spicychickensandwich >.>
Last edited by Lucky on Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lucky

Postby Akutenshi » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:45 pm

Twit wrote:Arabians, Przes, Belgians, and Barbs, the north ones? Are all foundy stock and cant be anything other than pure. Thats why it cracks me up

Belgains and North African Barbs can be crossbred fyi :). Don't believe me about the belgians look for the okapi one :P
Akutenshi

Postby Buddies » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:38 am

200... :shock:
Feel like visiting my webpage? Click the www sign with the house!
Buddies

Postby Phantom Thief Dark » Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:01 pm

Luckeh wrote:
countrygal68 wrote:

"But that's not a lot!"

Yeah, what she said.

Agreed

<.<
>.>

i LIKE PIES =p
Phantom Thief Dark

Location: Running around chat... perverting future gutter minds

Postby My Mares » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:20 pm

racing star wrote:
4theluv wrote:Haha oh I just remembered one I heard a longggg time ago when I still played really actively, it was something like "well-mannered..." (etc.) and then, "great with kids" LMFAO :D

Lmao.
One time I remember looking to buy horses, and in this ones stallions description, it said "Very healthy." and then I looked over and it said it had West Nile Virus.

Another one was something like, "Very good mannered horse. Will never run away!"

I wonder why it will never run away. The only place it can go is where there is no gravity, cyber space. There, they will jump higher without the gravity! :D LOL
My Mares

Previous

Return to FAQ's and Rules UPDATED! February 2016