Ranch, Player and Animal Name Changes UPDATED 4/13/14

READ HERE FOR FULL FORUM ACCESS. Frequently asked questions and answers. All rules and terms of service for virtual horse ranch apply here, to view them, please check http://www.virtualhorseranch.com/tos.php

Ranch, Player and Animal Name Changes UPDATED 4/13/14

Postby Kholran » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:15 pm

Along the same vein of forum name changes, there have been A LOT of requests to change ranch and player names recently. To prevent scamming and players that request name changes after breaking rules, ops will no longer be changing ranch and player names on request. Names CAN be changed for the following reasons:

-The name is misspelled. If you make a mistake, we'll be happy to correct it for you. (This reason only qualifies for a typo correction, not for a full name change.)

-The name is inappropriate. If you see an offensive or rule-breaking name, please alert one of the ops so it can be changed.

-The ranch has changed hands/is under new ownership. If you bought a sponsor account from another player and need your own name added to it, we can do that.

Added: This requires it to be an actual sale, transfer that has used a Game op as a MM for the sale. Changes will NOT be made for accounts that have been traded or given away to another player.

-The ranch name includes a breed and you no longer work with that breed. Say your ranch is Willow Quarter Horses, but you change to Thoroughbreds. We will remove "Quarter Horses" from the name, but you WILL be asked to think up a name that does NOT have a breed in it. We won't keep changing your name when you switch breeds.

Keep in mind, all name changes MUST still go through Orbis Worlds. The account you wish to change MUST be linked to your Orbis Worlds account. Otherwise, no changes will be made. When making a name change request, please include the reason for the change. :)

Added: Also note that all Ops reserve the right to deny a name change for any reason. This may include but not be limited to:

Known attempts of trying to exploit the system to get name changes done.
Excessive requests for name changes or too many previous name changes done. (This will most likely be enforced if you have had 2 or more changes done within a years time)

Animal name changes:
They basically fall under the same guides as other changes.
Animal names can be changed only if they fall under the following:

-The name is misspelled. If you make a mistake, we'll be happy to correct it for you. (This reason only qualifies for a typo correction, not for a full name change.)

-The name is inappropriate. If you see an offensive or rule-breaking name, please alert one of the ops so it can be changed.

-The name is a url instead of an actual name.

Things that do NOT qualify:
Naming the wrong horse.
Brands do NOT qualify for name changes, under any circumstances.
Disliking a name.
Kholran
Time Lord

Postby NAWCutie » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:47 pm

I have a quick question... I haven't been orbis worlds for awhile, how you we link our vhr accounts to orbis worlds again. sorry if this is a silly question. :(
NAWCutie

Postby Alabama » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:33 pm

If you click on management, there is a button that says link account to Orbis Worlds.
Alabama

Postby Leia-Luver » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:18 am

I have a question:
A while back I make an account LeiaLuver and forgot the password, then I made a new account, Leia~Luver, wich is my sponsor and main ranch (my only account) and I'd like it to be changed back to LeiaLuver BUT my other account has that. would it be possible to rename the other one to Leia~Luver and change mine to LeiaLuver? if not I am perfectly fine with the name as is. :D
"But it was only Fantasy. The wall was too high as you can see. No matter how he tried he could not break free. And the worms ate into his brain."
Leia-Luver

Postby Hawk » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:55 pm

Note, that for a name change on an account that has changed owners, it also must meet the following requirements:

Must be a sponsor (we do not change names on novices)
Must have been a transaction that used a game op as an MM
Hawk
Featherless Op with Pink Hoody & Bunny slippers.

Re: READ: Ranch/Player Name Changes

Postby Hawk » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:11 pm

*sigh* so very sad that I have to add this update to the rules. It's just beyond sad to find players trying to do this stuff to get around the rules.

Any player found trying to "scam" there way to a name change, such as having a friend "buy" the account and get the name changed then give the account back, or buying each other accounts, changing names for each other and then swapping accounts back... Anything underhanded like that, will result in ALL future name change requests denied and possible suspension of accounts of all parties involved. Yes friends, this means if you agree to help your friends with their rule breaking plans, you will be paying the consequences as well.
Hawk
Featherless Op with Pink Hoody & Bunny slippers.

Re: READ: Ranch/Player Name Changes UPDATED 8/23/09

Postby Alabama » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:15 pm

I guess someone didn't read this, so bringing it back up again. Nothing gets under my skin more than people thinking they're being smart and trying to dupe an Op into giving them a name change.
Alabama

Return to FAQ's and Rules UPDATED! February 2016