Top Horses in Disciplines Request thread.

Birth Caps, Top horses and other similar items.

Moderator: PPGI Mods

Postby Shekeira » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:31 pm

Most Foxhunters are Thoroughbreds, which makes the 100mil winners eligible for the TB-only list, according to the rules here.
Shekeira

Location: Playing with giant flaming birds and trying to placate transforming robots.

Postby SeventhSanctum » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:01 am

Its a bit unfair. Miss sarabi is allowing stock horses who have competed in sprint racing then moving onto western to be ontop of the Western list, yet Thoroughbreds who genuinley earn millions in their field and single field of expertise, are not eligable?

That's highly unfair.

[K] Eachan hasn't been involved in anything aside from Foxhunting. Same with sheikera's mare and your other mare also, Jelleh.

And alot of Thoroughbreds are good at track racing. And if they stay in track racing, then they should be eligable to be on the top list for racing. Those that finish with racing and rolled out at least. Its only fair. You can't deny horse, that is good at a particular event because of its breed - that allows others with lesser earnings to take the brag that actually, shouldn't belong to them.

For instance, that western one is really bad. Alot of those over 100M winners do stock racing [sprint] before western. I know this because I am in a partnership where we race stocks and then take them to western. . .

I think this needs a re-think somehow
SeventhSanctum

Postby evermore » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:19 am

I'm sure she will make if more fair once she reads all the posts.... she had a serious family problem arise so she hasn't been on to read. So keep that in mind when you post ;)
evermore

Postby Zakaia » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:06 pm

Zakaia

Postby Prancer » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:22 pm

Samantha27 wrote:Endurance
http://www.virtualhorseranch.com/viewho ... %201179150 with $19,797,500**

Halter Conformation
http://www.virtualhorseranch.com/viewho ... se=1267352 with $54,755,016**

Racing (Sprint)
http://www.virtualhorseranch.com/viewho ... rse=997718 (He won like 99% of his money in races...the previous owner tried him in western but he did horrible.) with $9,095,750

http://www.virtualhorseranch.com/viewho ... rse=968509 with $10,304,200 (also switched to western...also failed miserably)

http://www.virtualhorseranch.com/viewhorse.php?horse=898919 with $20,850,608 won from the old purses (so it should be a lot more, based on today's purse amounts)

Western
http://www.virtualhorseranch.com/viewho ... se=1000001 with $71,439,950

** means that the horse is still competing

From the old purses? What? :shock:

The highest earning horse from the old purses was Shimmers The Clincher, and that was in conformation. Plus, his number is a lot lower than your horses.

Maybe you mean from before we could enter in 4 events at once?
Image <-- Phanty & Prancy = Slytherin buddies :twisted:
Prancer

Postby miss sarabi » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:14 pm

I started this list because I thought it would be a really great idea....now I'm not so sure. There are a few who have had constructive critisism which I appreciate and have accomodated and then there are those that just choose to complain. Instead of complaining about the way things are give me some ideas to make it better. Complaining is going to get you nowhere and as I am sure you have noticed that when I am given a suggestion I try to apply it the best I can but complaining tends to be ignored. With that said, if anyone has a few ideas on how to rectify this list without abolishing it I am open to all suggestions. Noone had complained about the stock horses until now so I was unaware of it being unfair....this is where constructive critisism comes into play instead of complaining that I am unfair. I appreciate all comments and suggestions but I take offense when I am accused of being purposely unjust.

Thanks Evermore....I appreciate it :D
miss sarabi

Postby Hidden Creek Ranch » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:05 am

Hidden Creek Ranch

Postby Swar » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:42 am

You could try a multi discipline list for all horses(instead of just the TB's) who switch disciplines then keep the individual listings for the purists no matter what breed they are :)

I would hate to see you give up. I really like this listing, it gives me goals to shoot for and a handy gauge to judge my horses by.
Swar

Location: 2. the act or process of locating or the state of being located

Postby miss sarabi » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:45 pm

Thanks Swar...that's a great idea :D I just need to figure out who has switched disciplines and who hasn't. If anybody knows for sure or can prove that a horse has switched disciplines on one of the lists that would help me out a ton. Does everybody like Swar's idea? If so, should I leave all the disciplines for those who just compete in those disciplines (no cross disciplines) and then another list just for those who do cross discipline? Should the cross diciplines list be longer than top 15? (I would think so but it's up to you guys). Thanks again Swar :D
miss sarabi

Postby Swar » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:50 pm

miss sarabi wrote:Thanks Swar...that's a great idea :D I just need to figure out who has switched disciplines and who hasn't. If anybody knows for sure or can prove that a horse has switched disciplines on one of the lists that would help me out a ton. Does everybody like Swar's idea? If so, should I leave all the disciplines for those who just compete in those disciplines (no cross disciplines) and then another list just for those who do cross discipline? Should the cross diciplines list be longer than top 15? (I would think so but it's up to you guys). Thanks again Swar :D

Your welcome :) You could just go on an honor system. It would be easier for you. And multi disciplines should pop out fairly easily on a list of single discipline, ie, a racer who earns 100 mil could be looked at more closely as it's and unusual amount :)
Swar

Postby Prancer » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:32 pm

miss sarabi wrote:I started this list because I thought it would be a really great idea....now I'm not so sure. There are a few who have had constructive critisism which I appreciate and have accomodated and then there are those that just choose to complain. Instead of complaining about the way things are give me some ideas to make it better. Complaining is going to get you nowhere and as I am sure you have noticed that when I am given a suggestion I try to apply it the best I can but complaining tends to be ignored. With that said, if anyone has a few ideas on how to rectify this list without abolishing it I am open to all suggestions. Noone had complained about the stock horses until now so I was unaware of it being unfair....this is where constructive critisism comes into play instead of complaining that I am unfair. I appreciate all comments and suggestions but I take offense when I am accused of being purposely unjust.

Well, you ARE being unjust really. Only Thoroughbreds are being 'punished' as it were here, what about Quarterhorses, Arabs, and other horses that I am sure switch disciplines many times over?

And the fact is, you change something willingly with just 2 people suggesting/agreeing, yet about 10 suggest and agree properly, and no change? Come on, if you dont want accusation, change it.
Prancer

Postby Swar » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:46 pm

PrancerTheAngel wrote:
miss sarabi wrote:I started this list because I thought it would be a really great idea....now I'm not so sure. There are a few who have had constructive critisism which I appreciate and have accomodated and then there are those that just choose to complain. Instead of complaining about the way things are give me some ideas to make it better. Complaining is going to get you nowhere and as I am sure you have noticed that when I am given a suggestion I try to apply it the best I can but complaining tends to be ignored. With that said, if anyone has a few ideas on how to rectify this list without abolishing it I am open to all suggestions. Noone had complained about the stock horses until now so I was unaware of it being unfair....this is where constructive critisism comes into play instead of complaining that I am unfair. I appreciate all comments and suggestions but I take offense when I am accused of being purposely unjust.

Well, you ARE being unjust really. Only Thoroughbreds are being 'punished' as it were here, what about Quarterhorses, Arabs, and other horses that I am sure switch disciplines many times over?

And the fact is, you change something willingly with just 2 people suggesting/agreeing, yet about 10 suggest and agree properly, and no change? Come on, if you dont want accusation, change it.

Whoa, easy, it's a work in progress. It will take time to work out all the kinks. Nothing starts off perfect. Miss Sarabi is volunteering her time to do this. This list is barely two weeks old :P and I'm sure it is not her intention to snub any particular breed or eventing practice. Give it some time.
Swar

Postby Prancer » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:52 pm

Swar wrote:
PrancerTheAngel wrote:

Whoa, easy, it's a work in progress. It will take time to work out all the kinks. Nothing starts off perfect. Miss Sarabi is volunteering her time to do this. This list is barely two weeks old :P and I'm sure it is not her intention to snub any particular breed or eventing practice. Give it some time.

Not meaning to make her change it right this second, should of made that more clear, but at least show you are going to change it, if you are. At least then we know what we would like will/should happen.
Prancer

Postby miss sarabi » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:01 pm

Thanks Swar....it's always easier when people are working with you instead of against you. I appreciate it :D As for any other comments about me being purposely unjust....keep it to yourself. I made it perfectly clear that it was not my intention to appear unfair. The TB's were the ONLY breed brought to my attention when I decided to make this list. If you read the previous posts you would see that I am trying to fix this.
miss sarabi

Postby Missing » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:36 pm

I don't really see a whole lot of QHs going from racing to western, but I'm sure there are a good amount.

Personally I think a multidiscipline list is appropriate. :) Also I believe that Thoroughbreds are probably the most popular breed on the game, and they are the biggest money winners (nix halter confo). I think the TB list is a great idea, personally, because although you excel in more than one discipline, you can still get recognized, and you don't bump other horses who competed in just one disclipline off of the list. Good idea. :)

Thank you so much for making this list. I'm really sorry some people aren't really appreciating your effort. I, for one, am very grateful though.

I have a few... :)

[EY] Flip Side | Gaited | $25,055,000
http://virtualhorseranch.com/viewhorse.php?horse=602636

[EY] Broken Strings | Gaited | $26,640,000
http://virtualhorseranch.com/viewhorse.php?horse=615812

[EY] The Panic | Gaited | $35,113,000
http://virtualhorseranch.com/viewhorse.php?horse=672249

ÖK Oktober | Halter Showmanship | $24,777,000
http://virtualhorseranch.com/viewhorse.php?horse=830686

ÖK Stark | Halter Showmanship | $16,763,500
http://virtualhorseranch.com/viewhorse. ... se=1180885
Missing