Top Horses in Disciplines Request thread.

Birth Caps, Top horses and other similar items.

Moderator: PPGI Mods

Postby Prancer » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:57 pm

miss sarabi wrote:Updated :D Just a small note to those who choose not to read the original post:
Thoroughbreds will ONLY be put on the Thoroughbred list. This was collectively agreed upon previously so please stop trying to enter them for the racing list (or any oyher list for that matter).

Cowgirl: He's up there again :D

Kriss P.: Karma Disaster moved up a spot :D

Great job guys...keep it up.

Whats the point in that when its what they are best at?
Image <-- Phanty & Prancy = Slytherin buddies :twisted:
Prancer

Postby Bandicoot » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:41 pm

Here's another one for dressage... I don't own him, but I trained him.

http://www.virtualhorseranch.com/viewho ... se=1338644 (currently unnamed) - 26462500
Bandicoot

Postby miss sarabi » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:34 pm

PrancerTheAngel wrote:
miss sarabi wrote:Updated :D Just a small note to those who choose not to read the original post:
Thoroughbreds will ONLY be put on the Thoroughbred list. This was collectively agreed upon previously so please stop trying to enter them for the racing list (or any oyher list for that matter).

This is what was agreed upon when I did the first list. The TB's tend to dominate because they switch their disciplines and continue to do well. As mentioned above this was collectively agreed upon by numerous TB trainers/owners/eventers that it would only be fair to have a seperate TB list.
miss sarabi

Postby miss sarabi » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:47 pm

Updated :D
miss sarabi

Postby Kacy » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:02 pm

Kacy

Postby Prancer » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:48 pm

miss sarabi wrote:
PrancerTheAngel wrote:

This is what was agreed upon when I did the first list. The TB's tend to dominate because they switch their disciplines and continue to do well. As mentioned above this was collectively agreed upon by numerous TB trainers/owners/eventers that it would only be fair to have a seperate TB list.

Actually, on your other thread, 2 people agreed, and I am pretty sure only one of them does racing.

And on this thread, only one has agreed, and another person has said for tbs that have only done racing, such as my horse, be put on the racing list, since other it will remain empty.

Damian has never done anything other than racing, why should he be put on a list with horses that have done 2/3 things?
Prancer

Postby miss sarabi » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:20 pm

PrancerTheAngel:
I will let the other people decide.

I need to know if anybody is for or against allowing racing ONLY evented TB's to be entered on the racing list. Any TB that has done anything other than racing would automatically be removed from the list and any TB that changes disciplines (from racing to jumping for example) would be promtly removed from the list as well. Let me know what you think and if enough people are in favor of allowing racing evented ONLY TB's onto the racing list then I will add them. :D Your input would be greatly appreciated.
miss sarabi

Postby Prancer » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:06 am

miss sarabi wrote:PrancerTheAngel:
I will let the other people decide.

I need to know if anybody is for or against allowing racing ONLY evented TB's to be entered on the racing list. Any TB that has done anything other than racing would automatically be removed from the list and any TB that changes disciplines (from racing to jumping for example) would be promtly removed from the list as well. Let me know what you think and if enough people are in favor of allowing racing evented ONLY TB's onto the racing list then I will add them. :D Your input would be greatly appreciated.

I think it should. I mean, its not only mine, theres plenty of renee's horses that are only racing evented.
Prancer

Postby Moonshine » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:55 am

I agree with Prancer. There are quite a few TB's that have been evented in just Racing that I know of. And because TB's can swtich disciplines and win in different ones, the TB's who have dominated in racing and have, say, 20mill or more in winnings will not be able to be on the list because of the ones who won less in Racing, but have switched disciplines multiple times and have over 60mill in earnings.

I myself don't usually change disciplines after eventing, I just roll mine. But none of my racers have enough winnings to be listed.
Moonshine

Postby Kacy » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:48 am

I do think it is a good idea to have a seperate TB list, but i do agree the TBs who have evented in only one event should be allowed on the right list...

But you said that the reason why there is a seperate TB list is because of the disc changes... well i evented this mare in Eventing where she won 7 mil, then switched her to HoF where she won 11 mil. But she is not a TB:
http://www.virtualhorseranch.com/viewho ... rse=983312

So my point is a lot more breeds change disc than TBs.
Kacy

Postby Goat » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:10 am

PrancerTheAngel wrote:
miss sarabi wrote:
PrancerTheAngel wrote:

Actually, on your other thread, 2 people agreed, and I am pretty sure only one of them does racing.

And on this thread, only one has agreed, and another person has said for tbs that have only done racing, such as my horse, be put on the racing list, since other it will remain empty.

Damian has never done anything other than racing, why should he be put on a list with horses that have done 2/3 things?

i agree.
send all contracts here: 216422
Goat

Location: hiding in lawnbeavers hair while beating summer with a deer's fifth leg and throwing eggs at sayla

Postby evermore » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:20 am

I think the TB should have their own list because they tend to change disciplines and then have very high winnings BUT I also agree that if a TB has just been trained in racing it should be allowed on the racing list.

As for other breeds changing disciplines that is true but the TB seem to so it most often and/or have extremely high earnings from doing it.
evermore

Postby PaperWings » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:57 am

=o
mah dressage lady:
http://virtualhorseranch.com/viewhorse. ... se=1112056 at $28,669,630

and my current endurance:
http://www.virtualhorseranch.com/viewho ... se=1445920 at $ 23,417,500 and is still eventing D:
Ranch #219830
PaperWings

Postby Samantha27 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:38 pm

Endurance
http://www.virtualhorseranch.com/viewho ... %201179150 with $19,797,500**

Halter Conformation
http://www.virtualhorseranch.com/viewho ... se=1267352 with $54,755,016**

Racing (Sprint)
http://www.virtualhorseranch.com/viewho ... rse=997718 (He won like 99% of his money in races...the previous owner tried him in western but he did horrible.) with $9,095,750

http://www.virtualhorseranch.com/viewho ... rse=968509 with $10,304,200 (also switched to western...also failed miserably)

http://www.virtualhorseranch.com/viewho ... rse=898919 with $20,850,608 won from the old purses (so it should be a lot more, based on today's purse amounts)

Western
http://www.virtualhorseranch.com/viewho ... se=1000001 with $71,439,950

** means that the horse is still competing
Samantha27

Postby SeventhSanctum » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:55 pm

Your sport one needs updating. I've seen Foxhunting horses win over 100M in Foxhunting alone, which, If I am correct, falls under the "Sport" category also.

And as for some of the western horses, they started in Racing before western, which means they aren't really top horses in western discipline alone, so it wouldn't be fair to say they are top westerners if they havent competed soley in western. And there are many sub-disciplines also.

This will be hard to continue as this is pretty much changing daily.

Just my honest opinion[s].
SeventhSanctum

PreviousNext

Return to Statistics